Drug Discovery, Faculty
Faculty Position in Drug Discovery– Faculty - California Northstate University, Elk Grove, California, USA
REPORTS TO: Dean of Graduate Studies and VP of Biotechnology
WORK SCHEDULE: 1.0 FTE, full time, exempt, $80,000.00/yr
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Role Purpose and Responsibilities:
The Graduate Studies/The Center for Biomedical Innovation, California Northstate University, invites applications for a research-based faculty appointment at the Assistant level at the forefront of drug discovery. A focus on virus therapy or therapeutic development is highly sought. We are seeking an individual in the fields of drug design, medicinal chemistry and pharmacology with experience to design and develop anti-virus drug analogs. A track record of drug synthesis or translational research in drug discovery is preferred.
Applicants are expected to have a Ph.D., or equivalent degree as well as postdoctoral training. The successful candidate will be expected to establish and maintain a dynamic research program as a part of drug discovery group and to participate in our pharmaceutical science and medical student training programs. Teaching relevant topics in graduate programs and College of Pharmacy as well as College of Medicine is also expected.
Attributes and Qualifications:
- A background in virology;
- A Ph.D., Pharm.D., or equivalent terminal degree;
- Postdoctoral experience is desirable
- Teaching experience in graduate level courses;
- Experience in research and scholarship;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Ability to work within a team structure.
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and will continue to be accepted until the position is filled. Please submit your application to the HR Department.
For full consideration, candidates should provide resume with at least three references. All candidates are asked to submit your application as one PDF file containing the following elements in the order given:
1. Cover letter articulating how their knowledge, experience, and beliefs have prepared them to function in support of California Northstate University’s vision and mission statements.
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Teaching statement (not more than 2 pages)
4. Research statement (not more than 2 pages)
5. Contact information for three professional references
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
More information about California Northstate University can be found at www.cnsu.edu.