Plans, develops, coordinates, implements and manages all facets of scheduled and unscheduled equipment/facility repair for a 100,000 sq. ft. industrial bakery in Santa Ana, CA operating 24/7 365 days a year. Manages and coordinates preventive and/or predictive maintenance programs. Assist executives in the planning and execution of capital projects. Manages and develops direct reports to drive continuous improvement of technical and leadership capabilities.
• Manages the department to ensure that all equipment and building is maintained to an optimum level for the smooth and efficient operation of the plant.
• Ensures that the production machinery is capable of meeting all requirements to maintain the scheduled production, always striving to minimize downtime.
• Performs follow-up analysis to identify and resolve recurring downtime/inefficient operational issues.
• Directs maintenance supervisors and hourly maintenance associates in their roles and responsibilities to meet plant objectives in safety, quality, cost, and customer service.
• Oversees preventive maintenance program for all equipment.
• Evaluates all plant equipment for design changes to increase efficiency and reduce operating costs.
• Oversees/develops training requirements for maintenance employees.
• Establishes maintenance procedures for servicing plant equipment.
• Identifies essential record keeping forms for control of the maintenance functions.
• Oversees, instructs and schedules all mechanics to ensure optimum coverage for a 24/7 operation.
• Provides support and guidance to all employees, delegate appropriate authority, motivate and build self-esteem.
• Schedules mandatory inspections and coordinate certifications with appropriate authorities.
• Ensures compliance with all environmental guidelines to include Federal, State, City, USDA, FDA, EPA, and OSHA laws and regulations.
• Key Leadership Competencies: Integrity, trustworthy, action-oriented, directing others, priority setting, organized.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in engineering or equivalent relevant work experience in a high speed manufacturing environment, preferably in an industrial bakery or other food manufacturing environment.
• Technical expertise in electrical, pneumatic & mechanical equipment.
• Six to ten years of technical experience in maintenance management within a food processing environment.
• Bilingual in Spanish, preferred, but not required
• Computer literate including, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Willing to work weekends, holidays, and varied shifts, on occasion to support the department goals.
We offer excellent salary and benefits package, medical/dental benefits and 401K.
At Gold Coast Bakeries, we bake our specialty products for a wide array of retailers and food service chains. Our flexible manufacturing environment allows us to bake customized items specific to our customers. We produce products for major retail and food service chains throughout the United States as well as baking breads under our own brands.
Santa Ana, CA
Wed, 5 Jul 2017 07:25:06 PDT