Office Administrative Associate A
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Office Administrative Associate A position. With latitude for independent judgment, initiative and decision-making, the Office Administrative Associate A provides administrative support to the College's Dean of Students. Primary responsibilities include maintaining the Dean's calendar of appointments, and responding to meeting requests and invitations; preparing letters, memos and other forms; transcribing meeting minutes; and answering the phones effectively screening calls and taking messages. Other responsibilities include maintaining departmental files, preparing purchase order requests, collecting, preparing, and submitting attendance documents, and managing student workers.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• High school diploma or its equivalent (e.g. GED) required.
• Six (6) years' experience in a progressively responsible administrative support position required.
• Demonstrated professionalism and strong customer service skills required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks with changing priorities required.
• Good attention to detail and the ability to demonstrate good judgment required.
• Strong organizational and time management skills required.
• Intermediate-level proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Associates' degree preferred.
• Prior experience using an enterprise-wide system, such as Banner, is preferred.
• Prior experience working in a higher education environment preferred.
• Knowledge of FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended), Veteran's Administration, Title IV, PA Act 48, 114 and 335 regulations preferred.