Executive Assist to the Executive Director
Provide executive-level administrative support to the Executive Director of HERS and serve as the External Relations Coordinator. In those capacities, he or she will work closely with the HERS programmatic and operational teams, provide support to HERS Board committees, work effectively with HERS faculty, staff, students, alumnae, members of the higher education women's leadership community, and with potential donors, sponsors and partners of HERS. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of HERS.
- General administrative support for Executive Director, including assistance with correspondence, scheduling, travel, strategic initiatives, University collaborations, and public engagement.
- Assist Executive Director with board relations:
- Meeting logistics
- Creates and delivers high-quality professional reports, presentations, and other documents for internal and external audiences
- Serves as a strong liaison and provides excellent customer service to HERS and University leadership, staff, campus colleagues, alumnae, donors, sponsors, and others
- Assist in development of advancement function and fundraising related activities.
- Support alumnae relations development o Including project to update alumnae contact information. In conjunction with Operations/Marketing, planning of what alumnae relations looks like for HERS and development of implementation project plan
- Provide full administrative support to the Executive Director in external relationship development
- Identify organizations/individuals for outreach
- Manages calendars to schedule meetings (virtual or in person) with staff, alumnae, donors, sponsors, and others
- Coordinates travel arrangements
- Editorial assistance with writing and presentations
- Research and prepare reports on specific topics (e.g. benchmarking/best-practices at other institutions, giving histories/constituent information, etc.)
- Support for external research projects
- Support for special projects:
- HERS program pilots
- Grants and partnership activity
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three years of experience in program delivery with responsibility for relationship management and constituent communications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous executive assistant or high-level support experience.
- Past experience in higher education administration or another relevant professional setting.
- Experience with research and writing.
- Experience with relationship development and external relations stewardship
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter