Business Coordinator I - Marketing and Communications
The Business Coordinator performs a variety of administrative functions to address the business operational needs of the Marketing and Communications division and the University of Denver. Reporting to the Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Communications and Marketing, the Business Coordinator will assist with projects and processes related to the recruitment and hiring of staff, processing Procurement, University Technology Services including Info security, and serves as a resource or point of contact for other faculty and staff campus-wide. Applies policies and procedures related to business practices and internal control procedures. Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing.
- Acts as the administrative resource to department staff as it relates to the business operations of the department and the University.
- Front office phone reception, directing calls and taking messages as appropriate, greets visitors and directs needs to appropriate University resource and contact.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, faculty, and/or public.
- Writes email correspondence to carry out necessary tasks and/or projects.
- Applies judgment in releasing confidential information or to whom to refer questions.
- Independently processes all requisitions, purchase orders, vendor invoices, and direct pays working with appropriate budgetary guidelines.
- May enter contracts/SOW's for approval.
- Establishes workflow for all deadlines.
- Coordinates purchasing card transactions, monitors and reconciles departmental purchasing card and tracks receipts and office expenditures. This includes transaction allocations and timelines, ensuring transaction logs and packets are completed with budgetary compliance, signed by appropriate approval order and submitted in the necessary timeframes making any necessary changes online prior to the close date.
- Human Resources/Shared Services liaison for hiring and/or employee on-boarding processes.
- Coordinates and completes all transactions related to employment action requests (PAR/JCR) including posting of positions, scheduling timeline workflow of selection process and assist in coordinating search activities as needed.
- Prepare offer letters from primary data.
- Coordinates all Marketing and Communications employee on-boarding to include working with the hiring supervisor and a variety of other staff to ensure that space, technology and other needs are met in advance of the start date, ensuring introductions and training/orientation schedules are in place, and otherwise acting as a resource to help new employees feel welcome.
- Maintains office supply inventory and coordinates supply ordering, department facility requests, AV support, conference room scheduling.
- Coordinates and maintains equipment inventory, re-purposing of equipment, refresh dates and procurement of new equipment working with UTS and Procurement departments to adhere to University guidelines/workflows.
- High School Education or Diploma
- 2 years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years of administrative experience, to include experience working in a higher education institution
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter