Administrative Support Assistant
Administrative Support Assistant
Humboldt State University
(Job #17-69) Administrative Support Assistant II (ASA II), Administrative Support Assistant, $2,116-3,433/month. Appointments are typically made at the beginning of the salary range. This is a full-time, 10/12 (work 10 months of the year with pay and benefits spread over 12 months), benefitted position with a one-year probationary period in the department of Art.
Position Summary: Under the lead oversight of the Department Chair and receiving lead work direction from the Department Administrative Support Coordinator (ASC), the incumbent is responsible for administrative and clerical support of the Department of Art, with particular emphasis in the areas of office support, department support, purchasing agent, student payroll support, and front line reception.
Duties: The essential job functions for this position include a range of office tasks that involve the use of judgement and discretion: student employment and payroll processing, maintaining student files, administrative support for field trips, managing model availability, processing order requests and reimbursements. Additionally, the ASA II supports the day-to-day operation of the department office, with duties including office reception, completing forms, filing and record keeping, distributing mail, ordering supplies, and assisting faculty with the operation office equipment.
Minimum Qualifications: Education equivalent to a high school diploma and some progressively responsible clerical experience which has provided the incumbent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The successful candidate will embrace a uniquely creative environment, must demonstrate meticulous attention to detail, and possess a thorough knowledge of modern office methods, procedures and practices. In addition, the successful candidate must have demonstrated ability to:
- Be proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, calendar and e-mail software in a Mac environment
- use correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- multi-task, prioritize work, and tolerate frequent interruptions
- process purchase requests accurately, timely, and appropriately within a complex budget structure
- respond independently and accurately to a variety of inquiries from faculty, staff, students, administrators, artists, vendors, and the general public
- interpret and apply established rules and regulations
- learn new processes, policies, and software programs as needed
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- process sensitive and confidential information in a responsible manner
- consistently model a high degree of customer service and student focus while demonstrating sensitivity to cross-cultural perspectives and experiences
- work collaboratively and support other team members
- be patient, considerate, and sympathetic, but firm and consistent with a wide variety of faculty, staff, and student personalities
Preference will be given to those candidates with the following: experience in an educational setting with a diverse student population, working knowledge of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Google Drive, Microsoft Office products, and various Social Media platforms, demonstrated customer service, and recent experience working with budgets.
Application Procedure: Please note that Humboldt State University now requires application materials to be submitted electronically. If assistance is needed, the Human Resources & Academic Personnel Services office (located in Siemens Hall room 212) has a computer station available and our front office team would be happy to assist you. Qualified applicants should submit electronically the following materials:
- Letter of Interest;
- HSU Employment Application at https://csucareers.calstate.edu/Detail.aspx?pid=62282
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- Contact information for at least three professional references
Submission of the application materials should be sent as email attachments to email@example.com.
Please include your last name and the job # (17-69) in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled. The first review of applications will be Friday, July 10, 2017.
HSU is committed to enriching its educational environment and its culture through the diversity of its staff, faculty, and administration. Persons with interest and experience in helping organizations set and achieve goals relative to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply.