Coordinator of Game Operations
Bucknell University is seeking applications for a Coordinator of Game Operations within the Department of Athletics and Recreation. Bucknell is a highly selective, privately endowed comprehensive university of 3,400 students that is a member of the NCAA Division I (FCS in Football) and the Patriot League for 23 of 27 varsity sports. The University is located in Lewisburg on a 450-acre campus in central Pennsylvania's Susquehanna River Valley. New York City, Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Philadelphia are each within a 3 ½ hour drive from Lewisburg.
The Coordinator of Game Operations will serve as on-site event manager for Bison athletic events, as well as special events such as Patriot League and NCAA Championships. This position serves on the event management team and works closely with other University offices across campus, as well as the coaching staff, student-athletes, visiting teams, officials, sports medicine, ticketing, Learfield Sports and fans/spectators.
1. Provide planning and supervision of approximately 250 ICA sporting events for 27 different NCAA Division I sports during each year. Works closely with a variety of campus units to promote safety and security at all events.
2. Support special events, including Patriot League and/or NCAA Championship competitions.
3. Develop and manage Visiting Team Information mailings.
4. Serve as liaison with the EMO office, Facilities, and Public Safety on behalf of Athletics and Recreation in facilitating of the University's Summer Camp program.
5. Coordinate the usage and maintenance of the West Fields, Gerhard Fieldhouse, and Sojka Pavilion in relation to camp rentals.
6. Perform any other duties and/or jobs deemed necessary for the functioning and success of the event management area.
7. Coordinate with Marketing & Learfield Sports on operations and events (i.e., Jr. Bison Club, Bison Club Tent, in-game promotional efforts, etc.)
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
At least one of the following: (a) bachelor's degree, (b) game management experience, or (c) experience in higher education.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests and perspectives.
- Self-starter who has the ability to balance multiple tasks, produce high-quality work on tight deadlines, and be able to manage a work schedule that includes evening and weekend work
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University believes that students learn best in a diverse, inclusive community and is therefore committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell University is a private, highly ranked, national liberal arts institution that also offers strong professional programs in engineering, business, education, and music. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns.
Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution, that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs.