Student Development Specialist - Math Tutor
This is a full time, 12 month position reporting to the director of the Learning Center. Some night work may be required. This position requires the ability to tutor college level mathematics from basic algebra through Calculus. Prefer candidate who can also tutor in at least one other area, i.e. science, business, computers. Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite and graphing calculators. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with people.
1. Tutor and mentor to promote student success and retention, especially in the areas of science and mathematics courses.
2. Work with a range of student ability levels.
3. Work closely with faculty to support instruction.
4. Assist students with lab resources, including textbooks, calculators and computer software and hardware.
5. Assist with online tutoring.
6. Plan and organize academic assistance activities for individuals and groups.
7. Serve on campus committees as assigned.
8. Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Mathematics Education or related area is required.
Preference may be given to those with a Master’s degree and/or teaching/tutoring experience in secondary or higher education.