Financial Systems Analyst
Acts as a liaison between the information systems department and the assigned internal departments. Assists departments to maximize utilization of all information systems used in the assigned departments. Assists users in creating efficient and effective processes to streamline hospital functions. Coordinates training and other information systems resources as needed by the assigned areas.
1. Coordinates the evaluation, education, training, testing, implementation and maintenance of new information systems. Assists departments with upgrades, STI moves and other system changes.
2. Assists departments in creating and evaluating processes for the most efficient use of the system and hospital resources. Recommends changes in departments to maximize efficiency. Create a network of resources such as vendors, peers in other hospitals, etc., to gain a pool of ideas and solutions to problems.
3. Coordinates with departments and other technology resources such as fellow analysts, programmers, IS technicians, telecommunications and networking staff.
4. Coordinates between other analysts to maximize total systems integration, verifying that changes that may impact other analysts and departments are effectively communicated and issues resolved in a multi-disciplinary approach.
5. Become an effective resource by actively increasing knowledge of departments outside the assigned areas. Actively increase knowledge of resources and issues affecting the assigned departments, including regulatory, JCAHO, and hospital requirements.
6. Adheres to dress code.
7. Functions as a preceptor to orient new employees.
8. Meets all departmental specific competencies.
9. Adheres to medical center policies addressing infection control, safety, and personnel guidelines.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of and compliance with the medical center code of conduct and applicable corporate policies and procedures.
11. Maintains patient confidentiality and treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
12. Performs other related duties and projects as assigned or requested.
Two years of computer experience in word processing and spreadsheets is required.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
An associates degree in business, accounting, or data processing is required and a bachelors degree is preferred for this position. A minimum of five years of hospital financial experience is required for this position. Familiarity with the data flow of the hospital-wide financial system is required.
About Pikeville Medical Center
PMC is a 261-bed tertiary care center offering more than 400 services with over 300 physicians on staff and approximately 2,500 employees. This year we are excited to be celebrating our 90th year of service to the community and surrounding area. We are currently members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network; an association that we believe is extremely beneficial to our patients, as well as our physicians. We are proud to offer all specialties and nearly all sub-specialty services. PMC provides the best comprehensive benefits package you will find anywhere and a quality work life like no other.
Pikeville Medical Center is preparing to receive a Level II Trauma accreditation by early summer of 2015. Last year the hospital received more than100 air transfers and over 700 ambulance transfers with trauma patients.
PMC has been recognized by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the best regional referral centers. Modern HealthCare Magazine recently selected PMC as one of the Top 40 Hottest HealthCare based on our financial growth. Moody Investors Service has recently reaffirmed PMC with the A3 long-term rating with a stable outlook. This confirmed our financial growth and stability. While other hospitals are being down-graded by Moody Investors Service, PMC stands firm and continues to experience growth resulting in our need for more well-trained staff.
Wed, 5 Jul 2017 13:14:19 PDT