The Senior Director, Campaign Operations
The Senior Director, Campaign Operations will plan, organize and direct the University’s upcoming major comprehensive campaign for the University of Alberta in conjunction with the Associate Vice-President (Faculty Development & Corporate Foundation Relations), Vice-President (Advancement), the senior executive team and external Campaign Counsel.
The Senior Director will play a lead role in overseeing the priority planning process for the campaign and will be responsible for working with senior leaders in advancement as well as deans and other unit heads. This position will lead the development of a campus-wide structure and strategy for volunteer engagement for the campaign and will provide leadership and direction in the recruitment of senior volunteer leaders, including the Campaign Cabinet. In addition, the Senior Director will liaise directly with Advancement’s stewardship, events and strategic communications units and drive the daily operations of the campaign while serving as a primary point of contact for day-to-day campaign questions.
Summary of key duties and responsibilities include:
- Works with the senior leadership team to develop the strategic plan for each phase of the campaign.
- Plans and oversees the feasibility study and the creation of the campaign prospectus.
- Develops campaign budgets and assessment of staffing requirements, and recommends funding sources and models.
- Develops a comprehensive campaign volunteer plan and recruitment strategy.
- Leads the identification and recruitment of the Campaign Cabinet and designated sub-committees.
- Works with the institution’s major and principal giving programs to strategize and prioritize campaign gifts.
- Monitors and reports campaign totals and progress toward specific campaign priorities.
- Facilitates and negotiates the creation of relationships and partnerships between the university’s senior administration and the business community.
- Manages a small portfolio of high-level prospects.
- Establishes, leads and strategically manages a Campaign Operations unit.
- Serves on appropriate university committees.
To be successful in this position, the incumbent will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field is required; Masters degree is preferred.
- Minimum of ten years of experience directly related to fundraising, finance and/or marketing, with a strong preference toward those with experience working on $100 million+ campaigns.
- Progressive senior management experience in a complex environment; preferably in post-secondary or major non-profit environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, consultative and interpersonal competencies.
- An understanding and appreciation of the University’s mission, strategic priorities and values.
- Proven record of professional accomplishment in fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and mentor a team.
- A high level of energy and creativity, a positive attitude, and the ability to function at peak in a fast-paced high expectation environment.
The University of Alberta is partnering with Perrett Laver on this search. For further information and details on how to apply, please download the Appointment Details via the Perrett Laver website by visiting https://candidates.perrettlaver.com/vacancies and quoting reference 3077. The closing date for applications will be Monday 7th August, 2017.
In accordance with the Administrative Professional Officer Agreement, this full-time, continuing position offers a comprehensive benefits package found at: www.hrs.ualberta.ca and an annual salary range commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.