Manager, Embedded Software Engineering
Do you want to help build the future of one of the largest consumer robots company in the world? You will have a hand in developing the next generation of products that will live in millions of homes across the world. As a pioneer in the robot industry, our goal is to drive innovation, serve as an industry catalyst and change the world by empowering people to do more. Our Software Engineering organization is expanding, and is looking for an exceptional software leader to join our team. You will lead a software development team focused on cutting-edge technologies for emerging robots. You can thrive in a fast paced, cross-function environment, and enjoys leading multi-disciplinary teams. If you are impassioned by new technology, naturally curious and are driven to lead, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
As a manager on the embedded software engineering team, you will utilize your strong engineering management skills and technical competency to lead a team of engineers in an Agile environment to successfully achieve our product deliverables.
- Manage an incredible group of engineers developing firmware for consumer connected Robots
- Drive leadership, empowerment, teamwork, and enhance customer value
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills by establishing clear goals, objectives and priorities that communicate the organization's vision
- Drive innovation and idea generation
- Set technical direction and drive developer productivity through best in class software engineering practices
- Ensure solutions are engineered for a secure, reliable, high performance, highly-available experience for end users
- Develop and maintain relationships with Product Management & Customer Support to meet/exceed customer requirements
- Attract and retain top talent to build a world class software function, and lead continuous improvement to efficiently meet the future needs of the organization
- Ensure that programs of record are delivered on schedule with acceptable levels of quality
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- Ability to operate in a broad and diverse set of technologies. Expert in C/C++ development environments and RTOS and/or embedded Linux
- Exceptional embedded developer background turned manager.
- Previous experience leading a team in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Minimum 10 years software development experience with at least 5 years leading Embedded software engineering teams
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience in the robotics industry
- Graduate degree in related field or MBA
We are the leading global consumer robot company, designing and building robots that empower people to do more, both inside and outside of the home. Founded by MIT roboticists who had the vision of making practical robots a reality. To date, we have sold over 15 million robots and employ more than 500 of the robot industry's best and brightest. iRobot is committed to fostering invention, discovery and technological exploration in the pursuit of practical and valuable robot products for the home. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
Our corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Massachusetts, accessible by our corporate shuttle directly from Alewife Station. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, Japan, China & Hong Kong. Imagine the future you could help us build as a fellow iRoboteer! Check out #LifeAtiRobot and follow us on Instagram: @irobotcareers
iRobot is an "Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled"
iRobot designs and builds robots that make a difference.
iRobot was founded in 1990 by Massachusetts Institute of Technology roboticists with the vision of making practical robots a reality.
In 2015, iRobot generated $617 million in revenue and employed more than 500 of the robot industry's top professionals, including mechanical, electrical and software engineers and related support staff. iRobot stock trades on the NASDAQ stock market under the ticker symbol IRBT.
iRobot's corporate headquarters are located in Bedford, Mass. The company also has offices in California, the United Kingdom, China and Hong Kong.
Wed, 5 Jul 2017 08:19:08 PDT