Director of Data Analytics
The Director of Data Analytics, under the direction of the Provost/Dean of the College and in collaboration with Deans and program Directors, is responsible for the development and production of statistical and analytical reports that provide relevant and timely information for planning, evaluation, and decision making in support of academic programs at Holy Cross.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Executes a wide variety of statistical analyses, gathering data from multiple sources, and translates statistical analyses into reports and visual presentations to assist the Provost, Deans, and Directors in data-driven decision making to support academic programs at Holy Cross.
- Researches and analyzes organizational data including course enrollments, faculty workload, curricular trends, student enrollment, persistence, retention and postgraduate outcomes to help evaluate the effectiveness of programs and to support decision making regarding the allocation of resources in areas managed by the Provost.
- Researches and analyzes trends in higher education to inform strategic decision making at the College.
- Develops a strategy for data gathering across the division that ensures the consistency, adequacy and accuracy of the data and adheres to legal and College standards.
- Monitors and analyzes information and data systems and evaluates their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.).
- Collaborates with other departments and divisions to streamline procedures for data gathering, reporting, data management and data sharing with internal and external constituencies.
- Assists the Director of Strategic Initiatives gathering data consistent with accreditation standards.
- Design, develop, and deliver automated dashboards of key metrics to members of management.
- Analyze data and metrics for integrity between reporting systems and within data fields, and troubleshoot identified data issues with support from system and data owners.
- Performs other duties as required by the Provost.
Master's degree in data science, statistics or relevant field required. Statistical analytical skills including multiple regression. At least 3 years of relevant experience. Proven experience with large, complex data sets and assuring data quality, both for statistical analysis and ongoing data management. Ability to design analysis, determine appropriate data source or develop new data resources, and gather appropriate information on the basis of a broad question. Substantial experience working with complex databases, including query expertise, and experience with statistical reporting tools. Ability to work collaboratively. Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with minimal supervision. Skill in communicating effectively both in oral and written form, with particular ability to communicate statistical information in a clear and understandable manner. Ability to work independently, proactively and prioritize tasks. Strong technology skills, with willingness to evolve and adapt to new systems/sources of information.