UX Consultant (Please, no third party agency applications)
Have you ever been described as an artist with a utility belt for process and artifacts? Do you have a passion for synthesizing vision into reality? Do you thrive creating user centric development processes? Are pixels your playground? If so, we would love to hear from you.
OneSpring is adding two experienced UX Consultants to our growing DC practice. Ideal candidates will have a blend of tactical and execution skills who will unearth new key projects by demonstrating your ability to think, document thought processes and present design workflows.
Our goal at OneSpring is to delight our clients by achieving "aha" moments by taking the unknown to a clear vision through visualization. We help organizations define, design and develop new and existing ideas focused on web applications. We follow a user-centered approach that focuses on early design mock-ups and prototypes to drive stakeholder and user consensus resulting in 10+ years of success.
As UX Consultant, we are looking for knowledge and experience in User Experience areas such as Interaction Design, Human Factors, Knowledge Management, Information Architecture, UX Testing, etc. Visual Design experience in areas such as Color Theory, Page Layout and Typography is also helpful. In this role, the UX Consultant will be responsible for the visual design and prototyping of systems and applications based on requirements gathered from stakeholders keeping an eye towards user-centered design. These responsibilities include developing workflows, interactions flows/information architecture, navigational flows, site aesthetics, and mock-ups, while learning to work effectively in a JAM Session®. These responsibilities extend from page-level user interaction to process flows, including conditional logic and decision points, to inform how best to build new products and services. Also, you will be expected to design quickly and efficiently with minimal to no instruction.
Additionally, helpful to have a deep knowledge and experience in requirements gathering techniques and practices, as you will elicit and document functional requirements and business rules for software projects quickly and efficiently. You will be expected to capture the necessary information from stakeholders and take a copious amount of useful notes in JAM Sessions®.
• Participating in stakeholder meetings exhibiting strong business communications skills
• Creating user-centered design for software projects by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
• Displaying knowledge in UX areas such as Interaction Design, Human Factors, Knowledge Management, Information Architecture, UX Testing, etc.
• Displaying knowledge in Visual Design in such areas as color theory, typography, layout, etc.
• Developing and communicating visual specifications
• Participating in and adding value to creative, business, and technical discussions
• Delivery of low, medium, and high fidelity page designs and scenarios
• Quickly and confidently designing wireframes, flow charts and mock-ups
• Developing an active knowledge base of best practices for both Analysis and Design (including social media, email, web, blogs, mobile) disciplines while conforming to established OneSpring standards
• Proactively communicating and collaborating with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements (Business Requirements Documents) use cases, scenarios, supplementary specifications, etc.
• Organizing information thoughtfully so that it makes sense to stakeholders and other team members
• Utilizing requirements management tools such as ReqPro
• Effectively capturing and documenting requirements
• Participating in Requirements Review Sessions and Visualization Comment Review Sessions with stakeholders, capturing feedback and revisions
• Capturing, communicating, and modeling business processes, recommending process improvement
• Managing multiple versions of technical documentation (including configuration management and change control)
• Organizing and managing large amounts of requirements for each project
• Performing all requirements responsibilities quickly and efficiently with minimal to no instruction
• Leveraging the principles of design, brand knowledge and design tools to create exceptional interactive designs that are in alignment with the brand and the concept and meet the objectives of the project
• Displaying strong proficiency in designing for a variety of interactive applications: websites, email marketing, digital presentations and documents, social media profiles, mobile applications, etc.
• Displaying knowledge of Design trends
• iRise and other visualization tools competency
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite products and layout/design software, including: Illustrator
• Photoshop, Dreamweaver,
• Flash, HTML, CSS, Acrobat
• Stream process competency
iRise (other visualization tools like Axure)
ReqPro, DOORS, BluePrint, etc.
4-year degree in HCI, Interactive Design, Business Administration, Marketing Communications, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or equivalent area.
Qualified candidates must be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible to obtain a security clearance
OneSpring helps companies define, design, and develop new and existing ideas. This can be anything from mobile interface design to complex business applications. We follow a user centered approach that focuses on early design mock-ups and prototypes to drive stakeholder and user consensus.
OneSpring helps companies build the right software the first time, which has created a track record of success over the past 11 years.
Wed, 5 Jul 2017 10:50:33 PDT