Job Title Executive Secretary
The Executive Secretary provides administrative support to the Director and faculty of the Resort & Hospitality Department within the Lutgert College of Business. Assists with the preparation of documents, departmental budget, purchasing, payroll, and travel.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Four years of administrative support experience providing budget management, records management, and customer service.
Experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) software.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate specialization.
Work experience in higher education.
Experience using Banner, Canvas, and COGNOS
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Knowledge of or ability to learn Banner, Canvas, and COGNOS.
Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
Ability to anticipate and diffuse problems before they occur.
Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
Ability to assume new responsibilities, as appropriate and carrying them out in an effective manner.
Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Salary Range $15.33 - $16.28 per hour ($32,000 - $34,000 annual)
Essential Job Duties
• Greets and directs all visitors. Handles inquiries, issues, and complaints in a prompt, courteous, and confidential manner and refers to the appropriate faculty member.
• Screens and routes all telephone calls. Takes, records, and relays complete and accurate messages as needed. Receives and routes faxes. Receives, dates, and routes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail.
• Establishes and maintains both paper and electronic record keeping systems.
• Distributes notices of meetings and prepares meeting agendas per the direction of the Director. Records, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes in a timely manner. Maintains records of minutes.
• Composes and types reports, business letters, general correspondence, syllabi, course materials, and faculty contracts. Reviews all work for grammatical and spelling errors.
• Collects and collates department statistics to facilitate report preparation.
• Makes photocopies and distributes materials such as syllabi, course materials, tests and student evaluations.
• Assists with department budget management. Projects budgetary needs, as requested, and oversees departmental budgets and other accounts as established.
• Processes travel forms for faculty, staff, and outside contacts and prepares itineraries for trips. Prepares travel authorization requests and vouchers for payments ensuring that state policies and procedures have been satisfied.
• Coordinates purchasing activities by preparing requisitions for equipment, supplies, and service requests. Searches for competitive vendor prices upon request.
• Processes accounts payables. Charges, reconciles, audits, and administers p-card functions. Approves expenditures of p-card functions.
• Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises part-time student employees. Maintains work schedules, timesheets, and payroll action forms.
• Coordinates appointment calendars as assigned and keeps calendar owners informed of scheduled meetings and appointments.
• Schedules meetings and conference rooms. Ensures room is in order at time of appointment and needed material (including refreshments, when appropriate) are readily available.
• Researches operational problems and recommends internal policies and procedures for improved office systems. Drafts office procedures and implements those policies that are approved.
• Assists with the development of promotional and programmatic marketing materials.
• Assists in the application of academic and administrative policy and procedures, division/college-/university-wide.
• Provides back-up support to other college units, to include any or all of the above items, as needed.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number PS286P
Open Date 07/05/2017
Close Date 07/19/2017
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a high school diploma, equivalent, or higher?
- * Do you have four or more years of administrative support experience providing budget management, records management, and customer service?
- * Do you have experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) software?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
- This position is eligible for veteran's preference. For additional information regarding veteran's preference, please review the FGCU Human Resources website and click on the link for Veteran's Preference. You may copy and paste this URL into a separate browser window for easier access to veteran's preference information: http://www.fgcu.edu/HR/. To be eligible for veteran's preference, you must upload your DD214 to this posting. A new DD214 must be uploaded with each application submitted. Forms submitted under a previous application will not transfer to another position application.
- * Are you claiming veteran's preference?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- DD Form 214