Research Associate, Burnes Center for Homelessness and Poverty
The Research Associate position at the Burnes Center for Homelessness and Poverty is responsible for research and program evaluation activities including research and evaluation design, developing and identifying instrumentation, data collection, statistical analysis and interpretation, as well as report preparation for assigned research projects within the Burnes Center at the Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW). The Research Associate engages as a collaborative partner with external agencies and communities to implement program evaluation or research activities. Responsibilities also include project management such as budget projections, coordinating multiple tasks and stakeholders, management of internal project teams and interns and collaborating to help write research and evaluation grant proposals and articles. This position reports to the Executive Director of the Burnes Center.Duration of this position is contingent on grant funding.
- Design and delivery of research and evaluation projects.
- Grant writing and report writing.
- Staff and intern management.
- Management of Burnes Center projects, including budgeting.
- Relationship building with external stakeholders.
- This position may supervise MSW interns, research assistants and student employees.
- Highly organized.
- Able to manage multiple projects.
- Poses a broad array of research skills including: proficiency in statistical analysis and interpretation using a variety of software, including SPSS.
- In-depth knowledge of poverty, homelessness, and housing and the systems serving these issues.
- Planning research and evaluation studies.
- Identifying appropriate instrumentation to address research questions.
- Experience in project management including coordinating multiple tasks and stakeholders.
- Excellent writing skills for report generation and grant applications.
- Quality presentation abilities.
- MSW or master's degree in related social sciences field.
- 3-5 years' experience in Social Sciences research or program evaluation, including grant writing experience.
- MSW and PhD
- Experience in systems evaluation, implementation science, and homelessness data systems.
- Experience designing and administering web-based surveys, delivery of qualitative interviews and focus groups, and synthesizing information from literature reviews.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter