Adult Education PT ABE/GED or ESL Instructor
Working hours for this position consist of 7 instructional hours per week on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9-11:30a.m. or 6-8:30 p.m. and Thursdays from 9-11:00 a.m. or 6-8 p.m. In addition, this position requires mandatory paid professional development. The professional development occurs throughout the program year and on Thursdays from 11-11:30 a.m. or 8-8:30 p.m.
The Adult Ed Instructor reports to the Director of Literacy Programs who will assign location and hours of the Adult Ed Instructor activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain responsibility for instruction and classroom management under the provisions of the Division of Adult Education.
2. Maintain good communications and working relationships with appropriate staff, appropriate agencies, and class site location staff.
3. Maintain good communications and work effectively with all other offices of the college on matters concerning the program.
4. Adhere to procedures and policies for the smooth day-to-day operation of the program.
5. Participate in professional development activities as required.
6. Be responsible for the timely completion of all forms and reports as required by the program funding source.
7. Attend staff meetings