The University Registrar reports directly to the Provost and provides institutional vision and leadership for the registrar’s office, student registration systems and processes, and the overall student information system. The new University Registrar will play a critical role in maintaining and improving our student-based processes and in implementing new IT tools for the student information system. Florida Poly is in the very beginning phases of implementing Workday Student and the new University Registrar will be a primary responsible party in the design and implementation of this system.
Successful candidates for this position are expected to:
- Provide leadership and management of all administrative and operational functions of the Office of the Registrar. The University Registrar provides leadership and direction over commencement, enrollment and degree verification, production of official transcripts, grade and end of term processing.
- Act as the primary expert on FERPA, academic policies and federal and state regulations. The University Registrar ensures the integrity, accuracy and security of all academic records of current and former students.
- Maintain a registration, records, and graduation operation that is efficient, responsive, data-informed and student-focused. The registrar’s office facilitates student registration; maintains up-to-date course schedules, produces final examination and common examination schedules; oversees the University Catalog, and manages efficient use of classrooms.
- Develop and implement strategic plans that utilize technology to improve graduation, retention and degree progression within the student body.
- Coordinate development of an annual Schedule of Courses Plan that maximizes Florida Poly’s students’ ability to plan their academic schedules, at least one year in advance, with a barrier free path towards graduation.
- Manage classroom and teaching laboratory assignments and coordinate all phases of effective utilization of classroom space.
- As Chief Records Officer, administer university wide policies and procedures within legislative statute, state regulations and university authority. The University Registrar recommends academic policies and regulations pertaining to records, registration, classroom space, graduation, scheduling, catalog, and curriculum.
- Directly supervise Registrar, Academic Advisor and Registrar Specialist.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY:
- Knowledge of state and federal educational statutes and laws related to higher education and the Registrar’s functions.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Expertise in the use of technologies of storage, retrieval, retention, archiving, and purging of students records, database technologies, and data security.
- Superb analytical ability with statistical analysis for enrollment issues, classroom utilization, personnel, and management theory.
- Ability to develop departmental staff and lead in change that promotes improved assessment, performance, and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to develop and facilitate a close and effective working relationship with academic and staff leadership.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, complex projects individually and in a team environment.
- A student-focused, service-oriented perspective.
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of directly related professional work experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and six years directly related professional work experience
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AND SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN PDF FORMAT:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)