Instructor, Computer Science & Info Technology
The Computer Science and Information Technology Department at Florida Polytechnic Universities invites applications for multiple full-time Instructor positions to start in August 2017. The appointments are based on annually renewable contracts with an initial 2-years contract.
The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will consist of teaching existing courses at the undergraduate level. In addition, the successful candidate will be involved in service activities, advising undergraduate students, and helping in the department’s educational mission.
The Computer Science and Information Technology Program currently has thirteen faculty members and offers a B.Sc. degree in Computer Science with approximately 550 students and two concentrations (Cyber gaming and Cybersecurity & Information Assurance ). The College of Innovation Technology offers an M.Sc. degree in Innovation and Technology. More information about the CSIT Program at Florida Polytechnic University can be found here:
- Applicants must have an earned Masters degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- The ability to work effectively with diverse group.
ABOUT FLORIDA POLY:
Florida Polytechnic University is a new state University that opened for classes in 2014-15, and strives to have a major higher education presence within Florida and beyond. The University was created by the Florida Legislature as a STEM-focused four-year public university, with a range of innovative undergraduate and graduate programs. Dedicated to preparing students for the competitive high-tech workforce, Florida Polytechnic University takes a hands-on, problem-solving approach to academics and partners with industry leaders to provide relevant learning opportunities. With an innovative approach to higher education, the University emphasizes core subjects in small class sizes, while giving students opportunities for hands-on education through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations.
Lakeland, home to Florida Polytechnic University’s ultra-modern campus, is located along the I-4 High Tech Corridor halfway between Tampa and Orlando. Our central Florida community combines small town comfort with big-city culture. Florida’s High Tech Corridor is home to 11,000 high-tech businesses, and Polk County alone has more than 600,000 residents, four universities and one state college. Lakeland is just a 45-minute drive from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, professional sports teams, and thriving performing art centers. With no income tax in Florida, and home values increasing 14.3% on average over the past year, Lakeland and central Florida continue to rise among the best places to live and work.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.Sc. (all degrees earned) transcript