Assistant Coach, Social Media, Men’s Basketball - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A170
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
University of Illinois
Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: Assistant Coach, Social Media, Men's Basketball. 12 Month athletic service basis, 100% Academic Professional Appointment
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Design, produce and implement coordinated creative campaigns across all mediums for the men's basketball program.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the design and production of brand objectives for the men's basketball program, designed to create consistent and innovative solutions by providing conceptual sketches, inspiration gathering, typographic studies, layout design, illustration, logo design, and making revisions and refinements thru project completion.
• Facilitate engagement in a diverse range of brand marketing projects such as advertisements, catalogs, look books, packaging, digital content, corporate communications and brand identities.
• Collaborate as a part of the design team as well as partners across all sports and departments, with the goal of elevating and carrying the visual brand through to all forms of communication, including email, printed materials, packaging, and in-store displays.
• Serve as internet strategist/monitor, monitoring various student-athlete social media outlets (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.) for program and individual student-athlete promotion, with the goal of positive presentation of both the individual and the program
• Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required.
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related field.
• Minimum of one to three years professional design experience.
• Must work well in a collaborative, team environment.
• Must possess a broad understanding and passion for innovative design-preferably within athletics.
• Must be detail oriented, and a self-motivator who can generate ideas for both independent and collaborative projects. • Must be able to work under pressure and handle multiple projects at one time.
• Experience in the full Adobe Creative Suite.
• Must be willing to provide a portfolio.
• Experience with package design, and an understanding of designing within a system of standards that support larger brand positioning.
• Required skills also include strong knowledge of the print process and layout skills, and the ability to work in many styles.
• Knowledge of web trends and digital technologies. Interest in photography, typography and color instincts.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible following completion of search.
Applications and nominations will be accepted until all positions are filled, and review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit materials prior to July 19, 2017. Applications not submitted through http://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Joey Biggs, email@example.com.
Interviews may take place prior to closing date. All applications will be given full consideration.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
College Name or Administrative Unit: Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Coach, Social Media, Men’s Basketball - Division of Intercollegiate Athletics (A1700407)
Open Date: 07/05/2017
Close Date: 07/19/2017
Organization Name: Intercollegiate Athletics