Coordinator of Special Programs - Occupational Safety and Health, Facilities and Services (A1700408
Coordinator of Special Programs - Occupational Safety & Health
Division Safety and Compliance
Facilities & Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Division of Safety and Compliance at the University of Illinois is looking for an occupational safety and health professional to assist them in ensuring that University operations and activities comply with federal, state, and local occupational safety & health requirements.
The mission of the University of Illinois, Facilities & Services, Division of Safety and Compliance is to promote safe and environmentally sound work practices that advance the University's mission and interests by advising and consulting with faculty, staff and students.
Safety and Compliance seeks an individual to fill a full-time Coordinator of Special Programs - Occupational Safety & Health (CSP-OSH) position. The CSP-OSH is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of programs to promote campus compliance with applicable safety regulations and improve campus safety.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Plan, organize, develop and implement occupational safety and health-related programs such as incident management, lockout/tagout, elevated work, electrical safety, and excavations.
- Perform workplace hazard assessments and draft reports for campus customers of unsafe conditions and behaviors.
- Provide consultation to various campus constituencies on how to apply safety principles and practices and make recommendations on policies, processes, and procedures to improve worker and student safety.
- Investigate injuries, incidents, and health-related complaints to determine causes, compare conditions to applicable safety and health rules and regulations, and recommend preventative measures.
- Conduct safety training in assigned program areas, demonstrate proper use of safety equipment, and monitor effectiveness of training through work audits.
- Participate in the OSH 24-hour response for fatality/catastrophe notification and investigation, and Campus Emergency Operations Plan response.
- Maintain liaison with local, state, and federal regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health codes, standards, and regulations.
- Assist the OSH section with prioritization of departmental needs and the development of goals, visions, and strategic plans.
- Expand knowledge, maintain technical expertise and keep abreast of relevant scientific and professional development in the OSH field.
The successful candidate must have:
Required: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in science, technology, engineering or relevant field.
Preferred: Master's degree from an accredited institution in science, technology, engineering or relevant field.
Required: Minimum three years relevant experience in occupational safety and health with a Bachelor's degree.
Preferred: Minimum two years relevant experience in occupational safety and health with a Master's degree.
Training, Licenses or Certifications:
Preferred: CSP, CIH, or other nationally recognized certification.
Required: Familiarity with federal and Illinois occupational safety and health laws and regulations. Familiarity with one or more national consensus standards impacting the occupational safety and health field, including NFPA, ANSI, and ASHRAE.
Salary is commensurate with demonstrated ability and experience. A competitive benefits package including paid sick leave, vacation, and medical and dental insurance are provided. This is a full-time 12 month academic professional appointment. The proposed starting date is as soon as possible following the close date.
Application Procedures: For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://go.illinois.edu/coordspecialprogms and upload your cover letter, resume, a copy of your college transcripts, and the names/contact information for three professional references by 08/02/2017. Applicants may be interviewed before 08/02/2017; however no hiring decision will be made until after that date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Anna Staneva at email@example.com
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities and Services
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Coordinator of Special Programs - Occupational Safety and Health, Facilities and Services (A1700408)
Open Date: 07/05/2017
Close Date: 08/02/2017
Organization Name: FandS Safety and Compl-OSH