Assistant Director, Recruitment & Admissions - College of Business Graduate Programs (A1700411)
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR - RECRUITMENT & ADMISSIONS
College of Business Graduate Programs
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
On the Recruitment and Admissions team working with affiliated staff across the graduate programs to establish classes for our graduate programs through recruitment efforts and ultimately the admission process for entry into graduate programs in the College of Business. In conjunction with the leadership of the Graduate Programs, consult and support the program Directors in cultivating, admitting and serving high quality graduate students.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Associate Directors to coordinate efforts across the unit, work with the programs and help hold the team accountable for the established metrics.
- Meet the program needs in terms of number of students needed to meet class room needs while maintaining the program standards.
- Execute recruiting strategies focused on growing the pipeline of graduate candidates and converting candidates for the incoming class
- Identify new and follow up on existing graduate candidates in the recruiting pipeline from the initial point of inquiry through enrollment.
- Conduct/assist with recruiting events including information sessions and other targeted activities.
- Perform information and assessment interviews of potential candidates
- Help maintain databases and other tools for meeting the team goals.
- Collaborate with the internal communications unit, alumni affairs and the other college units in the external efforts
- Establish a high quality experience for the interested candidates in the College Business
- Work some evening and weekend hours.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor's degree
Required: At least five years of professional experience. Excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and proven success in managing across multiple stakeholders. Must demonstrate a service oriented attitude and for working with the faculty and students. Working knowledge of computer related databases and office-related software. Experience working with a diverse population.
Preferred: Higher educational experience; two years of experience in recruitment or relationship sales.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month basis. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references as a single PDF file by July 26, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Assistant Director, Recruitment & Admissions - College of Business Graduate Programs (A1700411)
Open Date: 07/05/2017
Close Date: 07/26/2017
Organization Name: MBA Program Administration