RESEARCH SPECIALIST B
Duties: This position involves planning, conducting and analyzing experiments using a broad variety of molecular biological, genetic and biochemical techniques. These include: site-directed mutagenesis, PCR, DNA and mRNA sample preparation, plasmid DNA preparation, DNA subcloning, bacterial culture, protein and RNA expression and purification, and time-resolved assays of biochemical function. The successful candidate will provide technical support to postdoctoral fellows and students in the lab and will participate in the upkeep of the laboratory to ensure conformance with applicable safety and radiation safety standards.
* Bachelors Degree is required, A Masters Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field is strongly preferred.
* 2-3 years of full-time employment in a research laboratory
* Experience in protein and nucleic acid purification and functional characterization.
* Familiarity with site-directed mutagenesis, PCR and DNA subcloning techniques
* PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
* Familiarity with cell culture, flow cytometry, fluorescence measurements, electrophoresis
* Basic bioinformatics skills
Reference Number: 02-26280
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research