Graduate Assistant - Library
Graduate Assistant - Library
Position Number: 53004036
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Cumming
Job Close Date: 07/21/2017
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Graduate Assistant in the Library. The position provides circulation services and general support to students and faculty at the Cumming Campus Learning Commons. Responsibility includes assisting the Cumming Campus Librarian with library programs and events. Skills involve event planning and organizing displays. Strong problem solving and written & oral communication skills are required. Job duties vary from day to day. This position will include a tuition waiver and hourly pay rate.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Graduate Assistant will:
- Greet Library patrons.
- Answer basic informational, directional, and Library policy questions; Check out and check in books, reserves, and other Library materials.
- Provide basic copy machine, scanner, and fax assistance
- Conduct hourly building walk-throughs to neaten Library facility and identify maintenance needs, or security problems, and report to supervisor.
- Assist with opening and closing procedures.
- Gather, sort, shelve, and move Library materials.
- Assist with processing Interlibrary Loan and Call Slip requests.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Librarian.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as effective listening skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Work well in a team environment but also be a self-starter
- Excellent skills with time-management
- Be able to lift 50lbs
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Admission to UNG Graduate School and acceptance into an academic degree program.
- Competencies in working with Microsoft Office products; demonstration of excellent customer service skills
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.