Senior Administrative Assistant
Senior Administrative Assistant-1701860
Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
Associate’s Degree. Five (5) years of progressively responsible, full-time, administrative experience working as an administrative assistant in higher education.
Experience working as an administrative assistant to senior management in an academic environment preferred. Three-five years of senior administrative support experience. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to details. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with diverse teams, be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously, and learn new tasks quickly. Must have ability to work independently and efficiently in executive functions. Demonstrated understanding PeopleSoft, Solar, Wolfmart, and Taleo.
The primary role is to serve as the first contact for all student affairs related issues in undergraduate medical education. This position supports the Associate Dean and Assistant Dean for the Office of Student Affairs in all activities, works closely with the Registration, as well as with all members of the Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs (OAFA) as required
- Facilitate all Pathways to Success and advising program activities, such as coordinating various pod meetings, academic calendar entries, enter advisor info to CBase, order food and reserve rooms for events, etc.
- Process student timesheets on SOLAR, distribute student checks.
- Process student travel reimbursements.
- Facilitate all student clubs and activities.
- Facilitate student programs for the Education Specialist and coordinate/assist the Education Specialist with the student advising program.
- Work closely with the Assistant Dean on financial aid matters.
- Document financial aid information for all medical students, handle financial aid packets for incoming medical students.
- Review of documents including FAFSA completion/track clearance for loan checks.
- Enter information regarding financial aid on PeopleSoft.
- Correspondence to students on financial aid matters.
- Tracking loan disbursements.
- Prepare Student Affairs budget proposals.
- Maintain various IFR, SBF, and FSA funds (SBF 951350, 229120, 951160; IFR 900004-04; FSA 795, 910759).
- Account reconciliation for above accounts, including monthly reconciliation of the Student Affairs procurement card.
- Process invoices for vendors, students, and staff for payment.
- Classroom Scheduling:
- Process room requests for medical school faculty/staff for courses and events. Enter medical school events to the CBase academic calendar.
- Ensure course directors verify their course syllabus is in alignment with the Astra calendar. Work closely with faculty/staff and Media Services staff on any scheduling conflicts that may arise between AdAstra and CBase.
- Provide administrative support for Associate and Assistant Deans of Student Affairs, such as calendar scheduling, meetings, travel arrangements/reimbursements.
- Student compliance: health requirements, VA paperwork, mask fit testing, EMR training.
- Event coordination: Transition to Medical and Dental School (including composite photos, lockers, mailboxes, and ID cards and access), Transition to Clinical Care (including scrub cards and ID card hospital access), White Coat Ceremony, Commencement, Match Day, and others as required.
- General office duties such as composing correspondence, handling telephone calls, scheduling meetings, handling incoming/outgoing mail.
- Exam proctoring and other student-related activities as needed (such as focus groups, exit interviews).
Special Notes: FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free starting January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:
Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the five Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website athttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Senior Administrative Assistant
Job Field: Clerical/Secretarial
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: SOM/Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs/Office of Student Affairs-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30 - 5:00SOM/Office of Academic and Faculty Affairs/Office of Student Affairs-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Jul 5, 2017
Posting End Date: Jul 19, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Salary: $47,000-$52,000 / Annual @ 1.0 FTE CWE
Salary Grade: N8