Recruitment and Outreach Specialist
Who we are:
The Environmental Studies program at CU Boulder is a hub for facilitating interdisciplinary collaboration in environment and sustainability. Environmental Studies courses integrate the academic divisions of natural science, social science, and humanities, providing skill and knowledge applicable to the pursuit of solutions to environmental challenges faced globally, nationally, regionally, and locally. The program nurtures interdisciplinary academic training for undergraduate and graduate students, provides guidance for students with career aspirations in environment and sustainability venues, promotes diverse professional education experiences, fosters fundamental and applied research, forms meaningful connections with communities beyond the university, and integrates innovative, interdisciplinary programs unified by the themes of environmental research.
What your key responsibilities will be:
We are currently seeking a Recruitment and Outreach Specialist who is a dynamic self-starter with relevant professional experience and excellent interpersonal skills to help build and maintain relationships with prospective students, current students, faculty, alumni, staff and community partners. This position sits within the Masters of the Environment (MENV) professional degree program, which is administered by the Environmental Studies Program. The MENV program prepares students for professional careers in environment and sustainability by focusing on leadership, practice and systems thinking. The Recruitment and Outreach Specialist will provide program support and will be supervised by the MENV Assistant Director for Recruitment and External Relations. This position will assist in student recruitment and external relations by providing support to faculty and staff and by acting as the interface between prospective students and external partners and the MENV program. In addition, the Recruitment and Outreach Specialist will work with the workshops/seminars coordinator on events with external partners for involvement in field trips, workshops, and other professional opportunities for MENV students.
- Support the Assistant Director with student recruitment activities, including communications and event planning.
- Respond to prospective and incoming student inquiries and send these students program information.
- Assist with the development and tracking of print and electronic marketing materials.
- Plan and coordinate in-person student visits and on-campus, in-state and out-of-state recruitment events.
- Assist the Assistant Director with the development of virtual recruitment events and webinars.
- Update web content and social media channels with prospective student information, upcoming events and other recruitment related information.
- Identify new opportunities for outreach and promotion at local, regional, national and international levels.
- Plan and manage Capstone partner/student networking events (social events, panel discussions and formal Capstone Fair), both on and off campus.
- Plan and manage community events (social events, event sponsorships, public lectures).
- Work with the workshops/seminars coordinator on events with external partners for involvement in field trips, workshop and other professional opportunities for MENV students.
- Help identify strategic partners and manage strategic partnerships with external entities, including prospective, current and former Capstone partners, external mentors, guest lecturers, panel participants, professional workshop facilitators, recruiters, other universities and the community-at-large.
- Assist with external marketing and communication strategy, as well as print, electronic and web promotional materials.
- Assist with communications with current and former Capstone partners (public, private and non-profit).
- Advise faculty and staff on opportunities to engage with external partners and assist with scheduling.
- Assist with alumni communications and event planning.
- Write new articles for MENV website and update web content and social media strategy and channels.
- Work with Strategic Relations and local and regional media outlets to effectively highlight the MENV program in web and print media.
- Help cultivate external partners into employers and donors.
- Plan and organize annual incoming student orientation with MENV team.
- Plan and coordinate current student and faculty events.
- Interview and advise students to inform recruitment of Capstone partners.
- Advise existing students on program policies and rules, course content and scheduling.
- Identify challenges, weaknesses and trouble spots and make recommendations to ERM for program growth and improvement, including new policies, resolutions, strategic planning and other innovations.
What we can offer:
The salary range for this position starts at $45,000 - 50,000/annually.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be diverse. Be impactful. Be proactive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- One year of professional experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
What you will need:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Experience navigating and reporting sensitive issues or information with good judgement and diplomacy.
- Comfortable with enforcing policies and procedures.
- The ability to work independently and on a team.
What we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental studies or closely related field.
- At least three years of professional experience or a Master's degree in a closely related field.
- Working knowledge of Drupal and/or Wordpress and social media platforms.
- Working knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by July 23, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200, extension 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Name-(Job Number).
Please do not upload references at this time. References will be requested separately for potential finalists.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10169 - Environmental Studies
Posting Date: Jul 6, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 23, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00735173