Administrative Assistant (AAIII)
The Campus Controller's Office (CCO) believes that administrative support and assistance are vital to the successful operation of our business unit within the University of Colorado Boulder. Upon joining our team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to perform a wide range of office support activities to help facilitate the efficient operation of our organization. In this capacity: The Administrative Assistant III provides extensive administrative support for CCO, which has a staff of more than 50 individuals.
This individual works closely with CCO's primary units: General Accounting (GA), Sponsored Projects Accounting (SPA), Campus Controller's Compliance, and the Bursar's Office. On behalf of CCO, this individual works with the Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) and other campus constituents. The Administrative Assistant III serves as the main point of contact for CCO's primary telephone line and is responsible for triaging calls and emails to appropriate staff. This person is responsible for all CCO office supply inventories, and maintaining adequate resources for staff. This role will include other duties as assigned. The individual will support CCO communications with basic proofreading, and distributing misc. general emails. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director of Business Operations and Communications.
Who we are:
CCO is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the university is preserved through proper financial accounting and reporting. Our focus is on maintaining compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, as well as contract requirements for sponsored projects. We provide oversight, assistance and training in the administration of financial stewardship on behalf of the University of Colorado Boulder.
We work closely with CU departments, campus constituents, and other CU system-wide offices in a collaborative and exciting team environment.
What your key responsibilities will be:
General Administrative Support
- Answer main telephone line; manage various email accounts; and triage calls and emails to appropriate staff
- Maintain a working knowledge of programs or projects to route email and telephone inquiries appropriately to either General Accounting, CCO Compliance, or Sponsored Projects Accounting staff
- Liaison to other campus departments (such as the Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG)) that work with CCO in multiple capacities, and implement procedures and processes for related activities with those departments
- Serve as telecomm and parking liaison, ensuring new telephone or internet lines are installed, current lines are in working order, transfers are made appropriately, and parking passes are managed (annually, temp/weekly)
- Ensure that the CCO's annual parking passes are accurately checked in and out and available for use by the entire staff and handout campus maps or provide directions
- Cross-train with other administrative staff to provide additional support for mission-critical tasks
- Serve as primary initial point of contact for visitors and vendors to the CCO offices
- Manage all CCO-owned IT equipment and resources for check out, if needed, and for new hires, working with OIT and the CCO Business Intelligence Analyst
- Serve as backup/partner to CCO's executive assistant on HR items, meetings and events, or general office duties, as needed
- Responsible for all COO office supply inventories, and maintaining adequate resources for staff
- Place supply orders as needed to replace low inventory, obtain prior approvals and place special-request orders.
- Responsible for the setup of new office spaces with supplies and furniture for new employees including ordering/reconfiguring furniture, assisting with space management and/or tracking office assignments.
- Manage the purchase of CCO employee nameplates, name tags, business cards, and CCO print magazine subscriptions
- Place FACMAN service requests on behalf of department. Coordinate appropriate items with Building Proctor
- Coordinate CCO events, managing procurement and purchasing needs
- Ensure proper disposal or resale of furniture, equipment and other items
- Proofreads emails/newsletter/other communications prior to distribution
- Serves as backup and assists with various website updates, such as checking website links and adding new staff to site
- Draft new hire communication notifications
- Assists with special projects as needed by Assistant Director
- This position will work within CU accounting systems, such as Marketplace and Concur in order to assist with accounting functions needed by the department
- Serve as quality assurance check for CCO by maintaining log of high-dollar amount checks
- Assist Deputy Controller in submission of expense reports using Concur Travel & Expense system
- May need to research expenses associated with orders using the CU Marketplace procurement system
- Serve as backup responsible for creating requisitions, such as purchase orders or payment vouchers in CU Marketplace for CCO to be approved by Controller or Controller's designee
What you should know:
This is a State of Colorado Classified staff position within the university. The incumbent is required to follow all applicable state guidelines and regulations as well as Regent Laws, and University policies and procedures. The CCO is a professional department with an excellent reputation across campus and across the university. We work collaboratively to support one another and our campus constituents. This employee will be in a front facing role in a department that strives for utmost professionalism.
What we can offer:
The annual salary range for this position starts at $41,496
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be adventurous. Be groundbreaking. Be pioneering. Be Boulder.
What we require:
Must be a current Colorado resident in order to apply.
Three (3) years of Full Time equivalent general clerical or administrative experience.
Thirty (30) semester hours may substitute for one year of the required experience. If using an educational substitution, a transcript or proof of degree must be submitted with your application on cu.edu/careers.
What you will need:
- Professional demeanor is essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects
- Ability to work independently, as well as on a team
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with ability to work well with faculty, staff, and students from around the world
What we'd like you to have:
- 3 years of experience working as an Administrative Assistant
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience using university's student information systems (e.g. CU Marketplace and Concur Travel & Expense System)
- 1 year of experience working in a role that's responsible for procurement for a company or department
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
Please apply by July 19, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at email@example.com. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-09996. PI98534520
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10519 - Campus Controller's Office
Posting Date: Jul 5, 2017
Closing Date: Jul 19, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00634937