Food Service Worker II - Kush Roti
Food Service Worker II - Kush Roti
Food Service Worker II 9 mos
Dining-Retail - 163710
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours vary depending on location
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community.
All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our Retail Dining operations offer in house and national branded concepts.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The Retail Dining Services Department at the University of North Texas has several unique positions available as a Food Service Worker II. These are permanent; full time benefit-eligible position that work 9 months out of the year (September to May) and employees are able to spread their pay for 12 months. Or better yet! Employees have the option to work during those, summer months and make more money!
The Retail Dining Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Food Service Supervisor to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Daily supervision of food presentation and exceptional Guest service in the Retail Dining Operation.
* Supervising internal or national food service brands.
* Ordering, receiving and stocking, inventory.
* Training in-house and brand standards.
* Line service, action stations.
* Opening or closing assigned areas
* Supervising/instructing the work of food service employees.
This position will require the following of all food safety policies, procedures, and standards for in house or national brand compliance. This role typically functions as an expert in a specified area of work or services (brand standards, service standards, production standards, equipment usage,) etc. Duties are standardized. May be required to work some weekends.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess one year experience in institutional or commercial food service.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change.)
* Strong knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils
* Strong knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting, and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations
* Knowledge of appropriate safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Two years of supervisory experience.
* Great work ethics
* Outgoing personality
* Eager to excel and grow with our exciting new Union Retail Dining operations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting