Academic Support III
Requisition # 2017-7730
Category Administrative Support
Date Posted 7/5/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
Application Deadline 7/21/2017
The Physics department at Princeton University is seeking an organized, resourceful individual to provide a high-level of support to faculty and to assist administrative staff during peak times throughout the year. The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills; work well with others and independently.
This is a part time position working approximately 24 hours per week. The regular schedule is flexible between 8:45am - 5pm and will be discussed upon interview.
Responsibilities for the Administrative Assistant role include, but are not limited to:
- Managing travel through Concur
- Manage and prepare expense reports for professors, researchers and graduate students.
- Process vendor invoices
- Assist with purchasing of materials
- Credit card reconciliation
- High Level of proficiency with computers and the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook mail and calendars, and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and to take initiative
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- High level of both written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of University financial operating systems (e.g. PRIME, Concur, etc.)
- Experience in an academic environment
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.