Writing Consultant (Tutor) in the Writing & Communications Center
• Experience working in a writing center and/or teaching writing at the university level
• Graduate degree, or currently enrolled in a graduate program, in English, Rhetoric, Communications, or related field
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Proficient with MS Office Suite, web-based research
• Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others
• Ability to initiate projects and contribute ideas toward improving and growing the WCC
• Experience with ESL/ESOL and diverse student populations
Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
To apply, submit the following:
• Cover letter
• Current resume
• Writing Sample (20 pages maximum)
• College and Graduate school transcripts (unofficial)
• Names and contact information for three references (current phone number and email required)
Please send additional materials directly to Christine E. Kephart, Ph.D., Director, WCC,email@example.com. Questions? 201-216-5529
The Part-Time WCC Writing Consultant will
• Provide writing and communications support for all students at Stevens Institute of Technology (undergrad to PhD)
• Work with students individually and/or as part of a group
• Help students with all aspects of the writing process
• Work with students to craft effective and engaging presentations
• Assist students in research, including generating bibliographies, citing sources properly, etc.
• Help students with cover letters, resumes and interview skills
• Help students build vocabulary and practice speaking and conversing in English
• Write content for WCC initiatives, web pages, etc.; create instructional materials
Writing and Communication Center
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police