Program Manager - Center for Undergraduate Research and Academic Engagement (CRE)
Job ID: 41884
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Apply On Or Before: 07/25/2017
Center for Undergraduate Research and Academic Engagement (CRE) Division of Undergraduate Studies (UGS)
This position is responsible for the coordination of programming, administrative, and operational activities of the Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and community-based work of the Center for Undergraduate Research and Academic Engagement (CRE).
The primary objectives of this position are:
- Developing, implementing, promoting and expanding entrepreneurship, innovation, and community-based programming
- Integrating the CRE into FSU’s and Tallahassee’s entrepreneurship, innovation, and community organization ecosystems
- Supporting other programs within the CRE and UGS
- Engaging a diverse population of students in the activities of the CRE and UGS
Reporting to the Director for the CRE, responsibilities associated with the position will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Maintain and build FSU’s relationship with Domi Station to continue hosting FSU students from the CARE Program for summer internships.
- Innovation Fellows Program: design and implement a program to help foster a culture of applied innovation and community-based research at FSU.
- Develop and teach one course during the Fall and Spring semesters on topics related to innovation and/or community-based research/engagement/entrepreneurship.
- Develop effective partnerships/programmatic relationships with corporate, non-profit, and governmental agencies within and outside of Tallahassee.
- Seek funding and sponsorship opportunities to support development of new entrepreneurship, innovation, and community-based programming.
- Collaborate and assist other CRE and Honors, Scholars, Fellows programs and staff.
- Serve as a liaison between UGS and the wider entrepreneurship, innovation, and community-based ecosystem at FSU and the wider community.
- Tracking and assessing entrepreneurship, innovation, and community-based activities and outcomes within the CRE and UGS.
Bachelor's degree and four years' experience related to academic and/or student services. (Note: education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate)
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Ability to develop and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of event planning and ability to coordinate, organize and evaluate meetings and/or events.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of project planning, development, and evaluation.
A Master’s degree in an appropriate area is strongly preferred.
Experience in an academic setting.
Experience with the fields of entrepreneurship, innovation, and/or community-based research.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community, non-profit, business, and other entrepreneurial and innovation partners, as well as students and other interdepartmental personnel.
Previous experience with fundraising or obtaining sponsorship for programming.
The Center for Undergraduate Research and Academic Engagement (CRE) is leading a growing movement to involve FSU students in the highest levels of academic engagement, helping students take advantage of the very best a major research university like FSU has to offer. From supporting faculty and instructors as they include research and creative projects in their courses, to facilitating global citizenry and engagement through service-learning, social entrepreneurship, and research projects with community-based organizations around the world, from programming that involves undergraduates, regardless of background or discipline, in high-impact research and scholarship, to showcasing the work of our developing research assistants through symposia and publications, the CRE works across the university to enhance the educational engagement of our students and the international reputation of our university.
For more information, please visit our website at http://cre.fsu.edu/
Anticipated Salary Range
$45,000-$50,000 based on experience (this position is FLSA exempt and will require evening and occasional weekend hours)
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf