Information Technologist III
Network Engineer IIIPosition Summary
Position is responsible for activities related to the selection, design, implementation, support, and maintenance of network information systems supporting the activities of MSU. The ideal candidate will be expected to be a subject matter expert in at least one field of network services capable of mentoring and sharing experience and knowledge with other team members.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related information technology field, with coursework in an information technology specialization related to the area of employment; and five to eight years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed, including experience overseeing large, complex or critical information technology projects; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desired Qualifications Desires three years or more of successful progressive experience in the area of information systems or equivalent applicable experience required. Three years or more of successful project management experience preferred. Working knowledge of logical and physical networks and related system technology.
- Lead the research, planning, design, installation, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrade of applicable systems.
- Analyze and evaluate recent or proposed business procedures or problems to define data needs.
- Serves as multiple subject matter expert and mentor for other network engineers.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to isolate network faults utilizing packet sniffers, enterprise network analysis tools and other available information.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP and IP management tools.
- Established understanding of Load Balancers and traffic shaping protocols and tools.
- Established proficiency with administration of enterprise wireless systems and 802.11a/g/n/ac protocols, and in-depth understanding of controller based wireless deployments.
- Extensive experience with the Juniper network platform and Juniper certifications.
Resume and Cover LetterWork Hours
STANDARD 8-5Bidding Eligibility Ends 7/11/2017 @ 11:55 PM