P/T HR Onboarding Specialist
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: July 5, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: P/T HR Onboarding Specialist
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Human Resources Department
RESPONSIBILITIES: Working closely with the Director and Assistant Director of Human Resources, the P/T HR Onboarding Specialist is responsible for leading the design, implementation, and delivery of classroom, online, and blended learning modules associated with on-boarding of new employees throughout Westchester Community College. S/he assists with recruitment and outreach activities in support of expediting recruitment in the college’s current period of high volume. S/he will also focus on the new employee experience, ensuring the onboarding process is a success. Additional responsibilities include:
- Working with each Director/Manager/Dean to build job descriptions and training modules;
- Sourcing and building orientation content for new employee/new manager/new faculty orientation;
- Reviewing the appropriate policies and procedures with all new hires;
- Assisting with the facilitation of orientation sessions;
- Developing and maintaining an online recruiting presence, using a diverse mix of recruiting tools and websites;
- Proactively assisting with recruitment efforts by developing established relationships with professional organizations, graduates schools and other entities;
- Contributing to the HR team by participating with continued training and professional development, assisting with the planning of special company events, and monitoring company initiatives, as needed;
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor's Degree and two years of experience in the field of education, educational administration, recruitment and/or training, or in the analysis of program operations, marketing or customer services required. Professional Certification in HR is a plus (SHRM, HRCI). Computer proficiency is required (Microsoft Office Suite). Strong written, organizational, communication and employee engagement skills are a must. Prior social media recruitment and/or job board management experience is preferred. Experience with designing and/or coordinating e-learning or podcast training is also preferred. Experience with a variety of classroom training methods and familiarity with on the job training processes are a plus. The successful candidate must also possess a valid driver’s license.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position is effective immediately. Recruitment will remain open until the position is filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The hourly rate of pay is $31.01. The work schedule will be 2 days a week (14 hours per week): flexibility required. No benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "CODE: IHE" and “P/T HR Onboarding Specialist” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. AA/EOE.