Reports to a Director of Information Services and Technology (IST) or the CIO. Responsibilities include the overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project-oriented work activities in the IS Department. Developing and updating project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work activities on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review, and escalating functional, quality, and timeline issues appropriately. Tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources. Coordinates communication with all areas of PMC that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the project being managed. Troubleshooting, serving as a liaison with user departments, training end-users, conducting quality assurance activities and maintaining security.
1. Leads and coordinates IS projects in accordance with established policies and procedures.
2. Coordinating the efforts of the IST Department to ensure project deadlines and goals are met.
3. Coordinating the efforts of all project team members as it relates to the assigned projects.
4. Determining customer needs and developing the overall project implementation plans for large and complex projects. Consulting and providing recommendations for system design issues.
5. Ensuring that projects reach milestones following the predetermined project time line through effective leadership, team building, and communication.
6. Participating in creating estimated project timelines, resources, costs, and return on investment (ROI) analyses for the priority-setting process.
7. Providing project status reporting at project steering committees.
8. Providing project status reporting at IS Advisory Team meetings.
9. Leading project steering committee meetings.
10. Determining customer needs and developing the overall project implementation plans for very large, complex projects
11. Creating estimated project timelines, resources costs, and ROI analyses for the priority setting process.
12. Providing project risk assessments and minimizing risk.
13. Working with vendors and customers to create project steps/tasks, determining and securing necessary resources, developing and updating time lines, and tracking project progress.
14. Preparing project budgets and managing projects within budget.
15. Coordinates or provides proper training, installation, set-up and implementation of the software.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, training and certification from an accredited technical institution, or equivalent experience needed. A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in information technology including project management is required. Preference will be given to candidates with training and experience with those software and hardware products regularly used by PMC.
About Pikeville Medical Center
PMC is a 261-bed tertiary care center offering more than 400 services with over 300 physicians on staff and approximately 2,500 employees. This year we are excited to be celebrating our 90th year of service to the community and surrounding area. We are currently members of the Mayo Clinic Care Network; an association that we believe is extremely beneficial to our patients, as well as our physicians. We are proud to offer all specialties and nearly all sub-specialty services. PMC provides the best comprehensive benefits package you will find anywhere and a quality work life like no other.
Pikeville Medical Center is preparing to receive a Level II Trauma accreditation by early summer of 2015. Last year the hospital received more than100 air transfers and over 700 ambulance transfers with trauma patients.
PMC has been recognized by the U.S. News & World Report as one of the best regional referral centers. Modern HealthCare Magazine recently selected PMC as one of the Top 40 Hottest HealthCare based on our financial growth. Moody Investors Service has recently reaffirmed PMC with the A3 long-term rating with a stable outlook. This confirmed our financial growth and stability. While other hospitals are being down-graded by Moody Investors Service, PMC stands firm and continues to experience growth resulting in our need for more well-trained staff.
Tue, 4 Jul 2017 07:26:27 PDT