Assistant Dean for Student Affairs, Aso/Full Professor
AST DEAN & ASO/FULL PROFJob Description:
The Assistant Dean for Student Affairs (ADSA) will lead the Office of Student Affairs and be accountable for matters concerning the life cycle of the student. This individual will play a prominent role to ensure a rewarding educational experience for students, enhance the professional development of pharmacy students, build community, and work for a high quality student body. This individual will collaborate with other Office of Student Affairs team members in accomplishing these needs across the Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Orlando campuses. The ADSA will report to the Associate Dean for Professional Education. The successful candidate will also hold a faculty appointment in PTR for a full-time, 12-month tenure-track or non-tenure position at the rank of Associate Professor or Full Professor.
The Assistant Dean for Student Affairs will provide leadership for student-related services including, but not limited to:
- Recruitment and admissions activities
- Student registration
- Scholarships and awards
- Student advising and advocating for students in crisis
- Student organizations oversight
- Early detection and support of students experiencing academic difficulty
- Faculty advisor program
- Student ambassadors
- Programmatic elements of student-related events
A close working relationship with the Office of Curricular Affairs and Director of the Co-Curriculum is essential.This position will serve as the Chair of the Admissions Committee and the Academic and Professional Standards Committee.
Additional information can be found at the sites below:
1. Pharm.D., Ph.D., or other appropriate doctoral degree
2. Accomplishments in teaching, research, and service appropriate for appointment as an Associate or Full Professor
3. Commitment to a culture of diversity and inclusion
4. Comprehensive knowledge of approaches and issues in pharmacy education
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
7. Experience in establishing and maintaining rapport with faculty, staff, and students
Experience in student affairs or as faculty on student affairs-related committees. Knowledge of the 2016 ACPE Accreditation Standards related to student affairs.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin July 20, 2017 and will remain open until a qualified candidate is identified. Interested applicants should submit an application, including a cover letter or letter of interest, a curriculum vitae, and the names of three individuals willing to serve as professional references.
The final candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida’s Sunshine Law.
For additional information or questions please contact:
Dr. Diane E Beck, Chair, Search Committee, UF College of Pharmacy, email@example.com