Assistant Dean for Clinical Education, Aso/Full Professor
The Assistant Dean for Clinical Education will lead the Office of Experiential Programs and be accountable for matters concerning the experiential curriculum of the Pharm.D. program. This individual will play a prominent role in oversight of the quality of experiential programs to ensure a rewarding clinical education experience for Pharm.D. students. This individual will collaborate with the Director of Experiential Programs and other experiential faculty and staff members in accomplishing these needs across the Gainesville, Jacksonville, and Orlando campuses. The Assistant Dean for Clinical Education will report to the Associate Dean for Professional Education and the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs. The successful candidate will also hold a faculty appointment in PTR for a full-time, 12-month tenure-track or non-tenure track position at the rank of Associate Professor or Full Professor.
The Assistant Dean for Clinical Education will provide leadership for clinical education services including, but not limited, to:
- Oversight and mentoring for the Director of Experiential Programs
- Review of outcomes data from experiential programs and refinement of the clinical curriculum to address identified needs
- Enhancement of the continuous quality improvement program for experiential learning
- Compliance with accreditation standards related to clinical education
- Oversight of the pre-and post-residency placement activities.
A close working relationship with the Office of Curricular Affairs and the Office of Student Affairs is essential. The Assistant Dean for Clinical Education will serve on the Curriculum Committee and the Academic and Professional Standards Committee.
Additional information can be found at the sites below:
Commensurate with qualification and experience.Minimum Requirements:
1. Pharm.D. or Ph.D. degree
2. Accomplishments in teaching, research, and service appropriate for appointment as an Associate or Full Professor
3. Commitment to a culture of diversity and inclusion
4. Comprehensive knowledge of approaches and issues in pharmacy education
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
6. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
7. Experience in establishing and maintaining rapport with faculty, staff, and students
Prior involvement in experiential programs or experience as faculty on clinical education or experiential-related committees. Knowledge of the 2016 ACPE Accreditation Standards related to experiential programs.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin July 20, 2017 and will remain open until a qualified candidate is identified. Interested applicants should submit an application, including a cover letter or letter of interest, a curriculum vitae, and the names of three individuals willing to serve as professional references.
The final candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered “official” if a designation of “Issued to Student” is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approved by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://www.naces.org/.
The University of Florida is an Equal Opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida’s Sunshine Law.
For additional information or questions please contact:
Dr. Diane E Beck, Chair, Search Committee, UF College of Pharmacy, firstname.lastname@example.org