The UTRGV Library is hiring! We’ll be filling several important positions come Fall 2017. Join us in building a library for the 21st Century. The Rio Grande Valley has a rich cultural heritage, low cost of living, and blossoms with new opportunities. If you’re a librarian with a passion for education, creative ideas, and a willingness to relocate, UTRGV is the place for you!
Scope of Job
Responsible for working with library stakeholders to gather, analyze, and interpret data reflective of library services and resources. Generates reports and visualizations to demonstrate impact and contribution to the library’s and university’s mission and goals.
Description of Duties
• Provides leadership and support for evidence-based decision making related to services, collections, technology, and physical spaces.
• Conducts end-user research, gathering and analyzing data in support of strategic planning and other overall library assessment initiatives.
• Responds to statistical requests, providing and analyzing data from library systems, the library’s website, and other online data sources.
• Promotes the integration of assessment into all phases of planning, services, and collection management.
• Works to analyze user trends and may assist in budgetary planning as it relates to supporting user needs.
• Develops the library collection, acting as liaison for assigned academic departments within the university.
• Maintains knowledge of library trends and best practices in academic libraries, including reference/research materials, instruction methodologies, educational technologies, and principles of information literacy.
• Works cooperatively with other library departments and supervisors on all UTRGV campuses.
• May supervise librarians and staff, establishing workflows and general direction as necessary.
• Serves on library committees and standing university committees as required.
• Participates in continuing education and professional development opportunities (e.g. conferences, workshops, webinars, etc.) as needed to maintain required skills.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited library school, or a Master’s degree in statistics or related field.
Additional Master’s degree or PhD.
Three (3) years of experience working in an academic library, preferably in a research or assessment role. Experience with statistical tools such as SPSS, SUSHI, and Counter. Familiarity with library-specific assessment tools such as LibQual or ClimateQual.
Experience in assessment, data management, data analysis, and data visualization. Expertise in the use of statistical tools such as SPSS, SUSHI, and Counter. Experience with library assessment tools. Project management experience. Experience designing and executing assessment projects.
Use of standard office equipment. Knowledge of technology and electronic resources used in academic libraries.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work may be required. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Successful organization, communication and interpersonal skills; detail oriented; strong service orientation and commitment to profession.
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.