Engineering Fall Co-op
Andis Company, the leading manufacturer of professional and retail barber and beauty products located just south of Milwaukee, is looking for an enthusiastic Engineering Co-op in our Product Engineering Department. Pay is $17.00.
Essential duties include:
- Process Engineering Change Requests. Engineering change requests include various 2D drafting work, bill of material changes and the writing of ECNs. This work is done under close direction from a designer or engineer.
- Make 2D AutoCAD drawings. Check dimensions of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project. Make assembly and experimental drawings as required.
- Test functional performance of product in lab using a variety of equipment and test methods. Co-op will be trained on equipment and test methods by engineer.
- Evaluate product through testing and teardown. Summarize in report with pictures, test results, technical points and details of construction.
- Obtain product samples or assemble samples for use in lab testing, regulatory efforts or field placement.
- Applicable computer skills include use of AutoCAD software, Xerox plotter/printer and Microsoft Office. Query and print bills of materials from the AS400 main computer. Make small design changes to previously created 3D models using Solid Works.
Who is Andis Company?
Since 1922, Andis has been at the center of haircutting style, developing the tools that professionals and at-home users demand. With market shares in professional barber and beauty, retail, hospitality and animal grooming, Andis designs and manufactures the majority of our products in our Racine facility. After more than 90 years, no brand knows personal cutting, trimming and styling better than Andis.
Tue, 4 Jul 2017 12:20:00 PDT