POSITION TITLE: Property Manager
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Property Manager is principally responsible for managing, in accordance with the Management Agreements, the Company's commercial real estate portfolio along with several condominium associations, which are a mix of commercial and residential. The Property Manager is involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the property, including accounting, tenant relations, maintenance and repair, security, the negotiation and contract administration of a variety of service agreements along with other responsibilities as required. The Property Manager handles tenant complaints and service requests, and must be familiar with the terms of tenant leases. The Property Manager must also be familiar with the various governing documents related to those properties which are condominium. The Property Manager assists in the preparation of the annual budget and reporting and counsels other teams as to the financial performance of the properties.
- Provides excellent service to various clients and customers, including tenants and boards and property owners. Responds to a variety of requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Generates work orders directed to vendors or in house maintenance staff. Follows up with the those vendors and spends time in the field as necessary to insure completion of work assigned. Prepares reports intermittently advising the Company's clients of active and complete maintenance issues and related progress.
- Direct in house maintenance personal
- Working with the Director of Property Management, achieves operating margins for the Company against the Company's cost employ in-house maintenance personnel.
- Maintain current vendor relationships and continue to grow and improve vendor relationships.
- Ensure vendor compliance with company policies (insurance certificates, W9, etc.) with support from the Property Administrator
- Conduct periodic inspections of the property and tenant spaces to ensure compliance with leases and the proper upkeep of the property.
- Monitor expenses in relation to budget and utilize experience to develop cost reducing alternatives.
- Review vendor contracts annually for competitiveness.
- Develop a schedule for all routine building functions (e.g., janitorial, maintenance and landscaping)
- Attend board meetings and association annual meetings as prescribed in management agreements; approximately 20 per year.
- Maintain office clerical, filing, and record keeping systems, in concert with Director of Management.
- Coordinate production, ordering of signs, tenant identification, etc and related installation.
- Assist in the monthly and annual reports.
- Maintain contact and other databases for Company.
- Coordinate regular inventories of all business property.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with contracts of all property related invoices.
- Code invoices, assigning them categories that tie to related budgets, for later uses by the Finance Director.
- Investigate cost reduction opportunities.
- Assist Accounting team with questions related to the property and resolution of vendor issues.
- Assist with operational and capital budget preparation.
- The Property Manager spends roughly 1/3 of their time in the field and 2/3 of their time in the office.
- There is some light lifting involved (less than 25 pounds).
Access Property Management is a commercial property management company established in November 2008 and located in Charlotte, NC, which also offers a unique set of skills to Owners Associations in Charlotte's urban core. ACCESS Property Management is a unit of The Conformity Corporation, founded in 1993. We offer a full range of governance, property management, leasing and financial services to a diverse list of commercial property owners, retail/restaurant clients and owners associations, both commercial and mixed use.
Access' employees bring decades of combined experience in comprehensive property management, real estate development, historic preservation and construction. Access' perspective is unique in the property management field. Our firm understands the equity perspective; your perspective as an owner and customer. Access looks beyond the present. Our capabilities extend into forecasting long term potential and risk for your property. Our goal is to position your investment for long term health and sustainability while ensuring a top notch experience for the property's occupants today.
The successful candidate will work in a highly immersive environment, where cross training opportunities abound. Development, brokerage, and consulting are swirling around you at ACCESS Property Management and there is ample opportunity to stretch and grow as ACCESS and its affiliates stretch and grow. For example, The Conformity Corporation, our parent company, is a highly regarded and award winning developer in Charlotte, specializing in complex infill and tax credit projects. Broker affiliate, Legacy Real Estate Advisors, is among the 10 largest brokers in the area. You can count on an environment that is challenging, never dull and full of opportunity. We want you to help us get "there". Join our team.
Tue, 4 Jul 2017 10:51:29 PDT