Counseling Psychologist III
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $99,900
The Counseling Psychologist III provides psychological services to the UCR campus. The primary responsibility of the Counseling Psychologist is to provide individual, couple, and group therapy to UCR students. The Counseling Psychologist also provides crisis intervention services; consults with students, staff, and faculty; provides intern supervision/training; makes presentations; and serves on University committees. For the educational requirements of this position, a doctorate degree (Ph.D/Psy.D) in psychology or related field will be given the same consideration as a doctorate in clinical psychology or counseling. This recruitment is for multiple positions.
Thorough skills associated with conducting complex diagnosis, problem-solving and critical-thinking.
Demonstrated ability to effectively use interpersonal skills while representing the department on campus and to external units.
Thorough knowledge of applicable laws and standards of professional conduct.
Ability to participate in after-hours on-call rotation and other after-hours campus activities.
Must be computer literate.
Ability to conduct complex analysis and develop and present recommendations and course of treatment.
Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Ability to work in a highly collaborative manner with diverse client group, members of the medical staff and faculty.
Thorough knowledge associated with providing evaluation, diagnosis and psychotherapy services.
Thorough knowledge of working with diverse populations including but not limited to African American, Asian American, Latino/Latina, international, first-generation, veterans, students with disabilities, and LGBTQ. Understanding of intersectionality and how it impacts the daily lives of students.
Knowledge of electronic/medical records systems.
Thorough knowledge of diagnostic/ psychological testing methodologies.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview