Director, International Students and Scholars
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $132,500
The Director oversees all services provided by the International Students and Scholars office (ISS) and manages a full range of activities that support the enrollment, academic and social success, retention, lawful statuses, personal well-being, employment and travel of international students and scholars. Manages international education and exchange programs, advising services, and outreach activities, including responsibility of approximately 2,000 international students, International Students and Scholars facility operations, fiscal planning, and community involvement. Develops and implements strategic plan for the International Students and Scholars unit. Oversees career staff, student assistants, and unit's budget. Collaborates with campus colleagues to increase international student enrollment, expand and enhance support to international students and create new opportunities that will significantly increase cultural engagements between international and domestic students. **The budgeted hiring amount for this position is $102,000.**
Advanced knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Ability in problem identification, reasoning.
Ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, persuasion, leadership.
Skills in project management, social perceptiveness to be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Skills in monitoring/assessing people, processes or services, to make improvements.
Ability to analyze, plan, organize, challenge and lead staff, volunteers, academics and other campus units to maximize opportunities and benefits of the university international resources.
Demonstrated success in marshaling organizational wide cooperation in developing organizational initiatives, programs, policy and problem-solving.
General knowledge of Department of Homeland Security, State Department, Department of Labor regulations affecting international faculty, students and researchers.
Strong time management and organizational skills.
Current working knowledge of immigration federal laws and regulations, as well as knowledge of SEVIS reporting requirements.
Knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policies and procedures.
Knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview