Construction Project Manager
The Project Manager shall oversee all aspects of overall project planning and management for various types of construction jobs. Roles include oversight and accountability for Project Safety, Pre-Planning, Procurement, Schedules, Cost Management, Contract Administration, Quality Control Program and Close Out. Project Manager must display effective communications with entire Project Team and ensure compliance with all DiPierro Construction policies and quality st
The Project Management of all aspects of construction projects from start to finish. Including:
• Quality Control
• Project Control
• Close Out
• Maintain an uncompromising attitude toward quality of work
• Review architectural and engineering drawings to assure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
• Manage and enforce the DiPierro Construction Quality Control Plan.
• Manage Submittal process. This includes the review of all submittals.
• Ensure specified and approved products are installed properly.
• Daily Monitoring of construction activities to ensure compliance with contract documents, quality workmanship and timely completion
• Perform Plan & Document review, take offs and cost analysis
• Review and coordinate construction drawings with tenants, architects, engineers and contractors
• Prepare scope sheets for all trades for projects
• Manage and coordinate the entire Bidding process
• Analyze (Scope out) and negotiate subcontracts per Company policies while utilizing Company forms
• Create and award subcontracts
• Manage the administration of construction contracts, work orders, purchase orders and insurance requirements.
• Using the Project Budget provided by the Project Executive, create the initial Working Estimate. This Working Estimate will be the baseline cost control document for the Project.
• Update the Working Estimate as new information becomes available or trades are bought out.
• Submit a monthly executive review copy per the Working Estimate protocol narrative.
• Provide quick, efficient and detailed management of the change order process.
• Conduct subcontractor and owner construction meetings, keeping meeting notes for same. Prepare and distribute meeting minutes to all relevant parties.
• Remain current on requirements for insurance, safety, labor relations and employee relations.
• Responsible for creating, implementing, updating and managing all aspects of the Project Schedule including Owners and Subcontractors schedules.
• Monitor construction to ensure compliance with contract documents, quality workmanship and timely completion.
• Manage the Project Close-Out Process including punch lists, final documentation and contract & permit close out.
• Work hand-in-hand with all local authorities for all inspections, sign-offs and requests.
• Attend daily Roll Call scheduling meetings and weekly construction meetings. Be prepared to update and provide project status on critical items. At a minimum update must include Owner & Subcontractor schedule completion dates, percent buyout on Project, punch list percent complete (when appropriate) update on long lead items and update on items discussed in previous meeting.
• Travel to and from jobsites.
• Manage and obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
• Track and control construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
• Coordinate daily with Lead Carpenter(s) relative to on-site activities, review their daily reports, check on any reported difficulties and discuss any upcoming safety concerns, safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
• Provide reports or updates to Owners, Architects and the DiPierro Team as appropriate relative to schedule, budget, safety and any necessary modifications of plans. Any plan changes must follow standard approval process.
The Project Manager must possess the following qualities:
• Highly motivated self-starter
• The ability to foresee, document and mitigate potential problems before they occur (Safety, costs, quality, schedule)
• Professional communication skills with the ability to communicate all aspects of the Project to Owners, Designers, etc., through written and verbal means (email, letters, sketches, schedules, spreadsheets)
• Excellent organizational skills
• High level of computer competency including email, Microsoft Office, schedules, estimating software (preferably Sage 100 Contractor, and budgets.
• Complete knowledge of the construction process from Pre-Construction to Close-out. Must demonstrate knowledge of various construction Costs, Methods, Materials and Operations.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of safety procedures
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent construction projects
• Command of the documentation process as it relates to a project
DiPierro Construction, Inc. is a full-service building contractor. Our range of services include design and planning for kitchen and bath, full unit remodeling, complete building reconstruction, as well as minor repair, updating, and maintenance of these spaces. We approach small projects with the same enthusiasm and attention to detail as we do those of grander scope.
Currently, our work is a mix of residential and commercial in all types of buildings from the typical brownstone in Beacon Hill/Back Bay/South End, to newer high rise buildings like One Charles and The Ritz Carlton Residences. We specialize in both restoration and modernization of historic and period sensitive residences in the Boston neighborhoods, as well as modern build outs in Boston's newer buildings. Our portfolio of projects also includes suburban remodeling and additions.
Mon, 3 Jul 2017 11:10:59 PDT