IT Systems Manager
Car-Part.com is currently looking for an IT Systems Manager to complement our professional IT managerial staff at our Ft. Wright location. The successful candidate will be able to perform the following functions:
1) Develop and implement processes using Jira, Confluence, Structures, Help Desk, and NetSuite tools to manage IT projects, help desk activities, and Operational activities. This includes ensuring that technical documentation is provided as part of project deliverables.
2) Supervising and managing the IT admin, Operations, and data center staff which includes daily supervision, evaluation, career development, and coaching to maximize contributions to the company. Use leadership best practices to grow staff while promoting company goals and culture.
3) Manages/responsible for Data Center Organization and Operations including managing inventory and physical components, battery backups, terminal servers, running cables, generators, and physical hardware tasks.
4) Manages/responsible for external customer account creation, configuration, and maintenance operations. Lead process engineering efforts regarding customer account creation/maintenance when new services are added, or when there are other changes to the account creation requirements.
5) Responsible for the procurement, installation, inventory, and life-cycle maintenance of IT and data center equipment, peripherals and supplies. Responsible for vendor and contract management. May coordinate and direct the activities of vendors, contractors, volunteers and staff in cross-organizational and cross-functional teams.
6) Acts as the primary point of communication between IT Operations and organizational business/functional units and for escalated technical support issues.
7) Enterprise System responsibilities include: file sharing, email, calendar, directory services, backup solutions, Jira, Confluence, password management, remote access management, desktop management tools (Avecto, Manage Engine (Desktop Central)), VPNs, virtual machines, Windows Servers, SQL Server, Terminal Servers, Voice/Data, etc.
8) Managing and providing technical leadership for the IT Systems group to ensure Internal Enterprise Systems meet the needs of a dynamic Internet marketplace and development company. This includes ensuring systems are monitored, secured, patched, and upgraded. Working with cross-functional project teams to implement, and migrate Internal Enterprise Systems. Provides disaster recovery/business continuity planning for Internal Enterprise Systems.
9) Managing and providing technical leadership for IT help desk in the management of employee workstations (Windows, Linux, and MacOS), mobile devices (IOS, and android), and network printers.
10) Managing and providing technical leadership for IT help desk in supporting end users of the Enterprise Systems. This includes providing software support and training to employees on their workstations and mobile devices, as well as performing the server side tasks required to deliver the desired functionality to the end user, such as creating a new calendar or providing a user read rights to a shared calendar.
11) Communicate effectively with management, coworkers, external customers.
12) Attend team meetings.
13) Take initiative to learn and expand role.
14) Perform other tasks and have such other responsibilities as assigned by Car-Part from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems (or related field); or equivalent experience
- 7 to 10 years of corporate technology experience; 3 years as a manager.
Essential Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong organizational and process development skills.
- Must have demonstrably strong IT Managerial skills.
- Strong organization skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast moving environment
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to mentor and train internal customers on operational processes
- Experience interacting with internal customers and appropriate representatives to analyze, validate, specify, verify, document and manage the requirements for systems.
- Hands-on experience with workstation and Windows server administration.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols and components including TCP/IP and DNS. Keywords
- Active Directory, ESX, Windows 2008R2, Windows Server 2012 R2, LDAP, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, CALDAV, WEBDAV, http, CIFS.
Non-Essential but Valued Skills and Experience:
- Training ability/experience a plus
- Experience designing and implementing Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Scripting experience (Batch, WMI, VBScript, and PowerShell).
- Ability to learn and desire to expand role and roles of others
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Intel servers utilizing direct-attached and SAN attached storage.
- Experience designing, implementing and managing the following technologies: Active Directory, Windows Server 2012R2, Windows Server 2008R2, ESX, Citrix, SQL Server.
- Experience in on premise data center management.
- Experience implementing hosted and stand-alone solutions.
- Demonstrable experience with IT helpdesk support.
- Experience with application protocols such as LDAP, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, CALDAV, WEBDAV, HTTP, CIFS.
- Experience in cross platform environments including Unix/Linux
- Experience with mobile device management
Car-Part.com is a Blue Ribbon Small Business Award Winning IT Company located in Ft. Wright, KY. We are a leading provider of software and web solutions for auto recyclers in areas such as inventory searching, web design and hosting, promotion, inventory management, and email services. Our products provide auto recyclers with a comprehensive product suite, which assists them in making their inventory available to all potential buyers including body shops, insurance adjusters, core buyers, and retail customers. Car-Part.com provides outstanding customer support while helping recyclers make it easy for their customers to find the best part based on condition, location, availability, brand, and price.
Car-Part.com employees enjoy competitive salaries, performance-based bonuses, health care benefits, 401K matching, workplace flexibility, free parking and a casual dress code in a unique software development atmosphere. If you are interested in being part of a high-energy, innovative company, we invite you to submit your resume and explore the opportunities that we have to offer.
Mon, 3 Jul 2017 09:49:06 PDT