I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The position will split time between the Office of Medical Education (OME) and the Healing Clinic.
The Office of Medical Education (OME) serves as the centralized office committed to developing, delivering and evaluating curriculum for both pre-clinical and clinical medical education. The OME includes staff and decanal faculty and supports faculty, students and curricular committees. The Program Assistant works with all members of OME by supporting the curriculum management and evaluation responsibilities as well as providing administrative support.
The GW Healing Clinic is a volunteer clinic operated by the students of the George Washington University. It provides primary care to the underserved patients in Prince George's County regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. The Healing Clinic's mandate is to offer high quality care for patients in a confidential and respectful environment while enriching the educational experience of our medical, physician assistant, and public health students.
• Provide administrative support for the SMHS Clinical Apprenticeship Program.
• Support scheduling and matching between the students and their physician counterpart.
• Proctor exams and skills-based training workshops.
• Set-up framework for student and faculty evaluations.
• Various other ad-hoc duties to support medical students and the Office of Medical Education operations.
• Provide administrative coordination and support for Healing Clinic students and clinicians.
• Maintain relationships with clinical community partners (i.e. Bread for the City and Prince George's Health Department).
• Recruit volunteer clinicians for Healing Clinic.
• Develop schedule for volunteer clinician coverage at both clinic sites.
• Assist with credentialing of volunteer clinicians prior to onboarding.
• Review weekly lab results with faculty advisor and medical students.
• Send weekly reminder to volunteer clinicians to confirm attendance at clinic.
• Assist with management of one course in the Community Health track course that aligns with the Healing Clinic.
• Oversee all aspects of coordination of Healing Clinic fundraising events (vendor agreements, payment, etc.)
This position performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of MS Office Suite (especially Word).
• Excellent customer services school with a variety of Stakeholders (e.g. students, medical doctors, faculty, and staff).
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Strong ability and comfort communicating a lot in writing. Most communication with the course leader will be done over email.
• Proactive - staff member will need to be able to initiate their own work with minimal supervision.
• Preferred prior experience managing events and curricular affairs/student affairs.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) Family Academic Affairs Sub-Family Program Administration Stream Service and Support Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday-Friday Position Designation: Non-Essential: Employees who are not required to work unless directed to do so by their supervisor. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006456 Job Open Date: 07/03/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1