Open July 1st, 2017 through June 30th, 2018
The Department of Physics and Astronomy anticipates possible temporary positions for Lecturers for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions usually become available as unexpected needs arise shortly before the start of a quarter. Positions are generally for one quarter at a time and are at varying percentages, depending on the number and nature of courses assigned.
Applicants must possess a Ph.D., and have a good teaching record. Appointments may be effective (Fall Quarter) October 1, 2017 ~ (Winter Quarter) January 1, 2018 (Spring Quarter) April 1, 2018.
Completed applications must be submitted electronically through https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04061 and must contain:
(1) Cover Letter
(3) Teaching Statement
(4) Scanned copies of teaching evaluations
(5) Three reference letters submitted through https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/
Please reference JPF#04061 in the subject line of all correspondence.
Applications are welcome at any time. The review process is ongoing, and will continue until positions are filled. Applications received by September 1st will be given priority, but the position will remain open until filled.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
3-5 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now