Data Analyst / Delaware Rehabilitation Institute/DRI
University of Delaware
Job Title Data Analyst / Delaware Rehabilitation Institute/DRI
Job ID 104737
Location Newark, DE
DEADLINE: Open until filled
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under the general direction of the Associate Scientist of the DRI, the Data Analyst will oversee the day to day operations of the data management aspect of the DRI. This is a multi-faceted role that requires direct responsibility for all clinical data management activities including data capture, quality control, quality assurance, coding, data mapping for statistical analyses and other activities from study start-up through data lock. Ultimately, this individual will supervise a data management team that will provide support for clinical study protocols, clinical study reports, interim analyses, regulatory submissions, and other study related activities as needed. Additional responsibilities include development of new tools and the maintenance and evolution of the existing systems and processes involved in the collection, review, analysis, and storage of all clinical data to include query writing and report generations using a variety of data sources and techniques. Effectively resolve a wide variety of intricate problems in the area of administration. A primary function of this position is to exercise independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance. The Data Analyst will continue to develop data management functions that innovatively and consistently produce quality deliverables within a rapidly-expanding ResCore.
- Develop and maintain server-based data storage. Serve as lead personnel for custom database development. Oversee biomechanical data processing and analysis.
- Initiate special projects and manage large, multi-institutional clinical and biomechanics datasets.
- Analyze project needs, define requirements, develop solutions, implement systems, and manage and support installed applications in support of assigned Information Systems areas.
- Maintain existing relational data bases and create new data bases for each research project.
- Use Operational analytical skills to design/develop, maintain and present reports. Assess and deliver ad hoc reporting requests and support projects that affect reporting.
- Maintain all computer hardware and software.
- Liaison between the DRI and internal information technology and bioinformatics departments.
- Bachelor's degree and three years' related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in computer information systems or related field preferred.
- Familiarity with biomechanical data is preferred.
- Experience in systems analysis, design and programming preferred.
- Working knowledge in SQL and Project Management methodologies.
- Working knowledge of object-oriented programming is a plus.
- Experience with efficient aggregation of large datasets from multiple file sources and formats (csv, Excel, xml, fdf, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with building user-friendly methods for data entry and retrieval is preferred
- Experience with design, construction, and maintenance of a secure web-based front end for database for interaction with data by novice users is a plus.
- Ability to communicate biomechanical data principles to a diverse audience of students, engineers, clinicians, and a lay audience.
- Experience with Health Information Technology is a plus.
- Ability to train and/or mentor existing staff.
- Experience in health care environment preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Excellent project management skills and demonstrated leadership or project management experience.
- Strong skills in use of PC desktop applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Microsoft Project.
- Experience preparing data for statistical analysis.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Crystal Reports, and other report writing and Application Lifecycle management.
- Understanding of ODBC database connections and structures.
- Ability to work flexible schedules to meet job requirements; requires occasional after-hours support.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University's Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html