Assistant Vice President, HR Service
Working Title: Assistant Vice President, HR Service
Position Type: University Executive Staff
Department: Chief Human Resources Office
Posting Date: 06-21-2017
The Assistant Vice President, HR Service position is a strategic role designed to manage best in class HR services to support the University of Virginia. This Assistant Vice President-level position is responsible for leading and overseeing all strategic initiatives for operational service delivery relating to the HR Service team. Functions within the team include the HR Solution Center and Business Partner structures. This position provides direction on the delivery of Human Resources services delivered to faculty, staff, team members, leaders, and at an organizational level through the HR service delivery model, providing demonstrated value to clients at all levels. The incumbent will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer and lead a team of Directors.
This is a critical moment in the University of Virginia's Human Resources evolution. The University has embarked on a series of ambitious changes for Human Resources that will play out over the next few years and have impact in the coming decade. To learn more about this transformation, the opportunities and competencies expected for all future HR professionals, please visit https://ufirst.virginia.edu/.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Design, manage, and successfully execute a broad portfolio of HR services
- Deliver customer-focused results
- Manage strong relationships with internal clients (e.g., University leadership) and develop creative and collaborative solutions
- Think strategically and make sound, data-based business decisions
- Plan effectively and maximize results to meet both short and long range goals and objectives
- Lead by influence through clear, informed, and logical discussions
- Work with senior leaders in a complex organization to meet varying performance metrics and objectives
- Navigate barriers to progress through strong and innovative problem solving and analytical skills
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81822