Special Collections Assistant III
Requisition # 2017-7711
Department Library-Technical Services
Date Posted 7/3/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Part-Time
Application Deadline ..
The Library seeks an energetic, detail oriented individual with a strong public service orientation to work part time in Firestone Circulation Services. This position will spend a significant portion of the workday providing customer service at the Circulation Desk, a highly visible and busy service area in Firestone Library.
Work Schedule: Monday, Thursday, Saturday, approximately 18 hours / week
Academic year hours: 1:00-6:00pm Monday; 1:00-9:00pm Thursday; 6:45-11:45pm Saturday.
Summer hours: 1:00-6:00pm Monday; 1:00-9:00pm Thursday; 1:00-6:00pm Saturday.
Please submit a cover letter along with a resume for full consideration.
This position provides circulation services which include charging, discharging and renewing material, creating and updating patron records, collecting and paying fines, communicating policies and information about the Library and its resources to patrons. This position will oversee operations and student staff on Saturday nights. Additional tasks include processing ReCAP and Dixon material, assisting patrons at the BookFinder Desk, various types of searching, and billing activities.
- Minimum 1 year customer service experience.
- Demonstrated reliability and independence, as this individual will oversee operations and close the Department on Saturday nights.
- Must work well under pressure and be flexible to accommodate changes in the work schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with co-workers and the public, and to work quickly, accurately and with great attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Facility with email and Microsoft Office applications, along with a willingness to learn new technology.
- Physical requirements include bending and stretching, lifting books, and moving large book trucks.
- Experience in an academic library.
- Facility with Voyager circulation and cataloging modules.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
Monday 1:00-6:00pm, Thursday 1:00-9:00pm, Saturday 6:45-11:45pm
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
LIB-Amer Fed State County Mun Emps
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.