Director of Marketing
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Director of Marketing
Position #735538 - Requisition #10174
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Business School at the University of Colorado Denver has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Director of Marketing position.
Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness and driven students-all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family involve development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include marketing; advertising; communications; publications; brand management; writing; editing; proofreading; graphic design; web information architecture, development and design; web content development; electronic communications; social media; news media/relations; public relations; photography; videography; radio/television broadcasting; FCC compliance; and communication projects management.
Directors are responsible for the ongoing leadership and oversight of a department, including the development of strategies and processes which contribute to the University and/or campus mission and accountability for services provided. Directors are responsible and accountable for the analysis of fiscal and human resources required to achieve department objectives including hiring, compensation, termination, and performance management of subordinate employees.
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing, managing and implementing PR, branding, marketing, and communication plans for the Business School. This includes managing the strategic positioning of the school, developing and implementing a school brand, and providing direction for assigned campaigns. The Director reviews official Business School communications from the Dean's Office, oversees and authors content and copy development of marketing campaigns, and writes assigned internal and external communications/speeches. The Director coordinates marketing and communications for Business School special events, including panel and special lecture events, and the fundraising dinner. The position provides feedback to improve the Business School's state-funded and extended studies programs, and develops marketing strategies to help achieve enrollment and fundraising goals. Works closely with the CU Foundation, , campus communications group, Business School Chief of Staff and university web services. Reports directly to the Associate Dean of Faculty, Staff and Operations. The Director supervises the Business School's Webmaster, Marketing Senior Professional and marketing/technical interns.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position starts at $85,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration or other closely related field.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level.
- Extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience developing and executing successful marketing, brand management, public relations or advertising initiatives.
Must be willing and able to work some events that occur outside of normal business hours.
- Six year's comprehensive experience in PR, marketing and brand management
- Experience with public higher-education institutions/non-profits/government entities
- Experience in fundraising
- Experience in project management
- Master's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration or other closely related field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Maturity and interpersonal savvy to interact effectively with senior executives in diverse roles and levels
- Ability to serve as a leader and change agent
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Skilled project manager-able to drive complex, cross-unit projects
- Independent thinker, ability to work autonomously
- Able to collaborate with a broad stakeholder group
- Ability to positively champion change
- Ability to think strategically and implement projects with a high attention to detail
- Experience developing and/or working with outside agencies to develop creative marketing campaigns
- Skilled with effective presentations to key audiences
- Excellent relationship-building and team-building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent editing and publication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Computer proficiency and excellent knowledge of applicable software programs
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and independently set priorities
- Familiarity with graphic programs and website content development
- Familiarity with social media and applications
- Website content and navigation planning and execution
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Cliff Young, Associate Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Posting will be advertised as open until filled.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30055 - Business School
Posting Date: Jul 3, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Cliff Young
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00735538