Schedule Information: 3 Days per week; 5 hours per day
Hours Per Week: 15 hours per week; 42 weeks per year
Duties of Position:
Responsible for applying best archival practices in maintaining the Harper College Archives.
The Adjunct/Archivist provides:
- Archival reference and research assistance to library patrons.
- Catalogs archival materials using library management systems such as Voyager and CONTENTdm.
- Continually acquires pertinent historical College documents for the archival collection.
- Conducts inventory of current collection.
- Creates finding aids.
- Digitizes relevant materials according to established guidelines.
- Develops exhibits of important and interesting collections.
- Writes archival collections grants.
- Participates in collaborative state-wide archival collection digitization initiatives.
Other duties as assigned
Master's degree from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited library school required, with concentration in archival practice. A bachelor's degree in History preferred.
Three years archival experience. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills; familiarity with the Society of American Archivists Standards for Archival Collections. Experience using technology tools to enhance collection discovery. Ability to train, direct and monitor the work of student employees assigned to the Archives department.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
Employment sponsorship is not available.
Applicable Benefits: We offer a competitive, semester by semester adjunct pay, with Harper tuition waivers, sick/personal business leave, and a comprehensive Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program.