Radiation Oncology Veterinary Technician I/Veterinary Technician II
Veterinary Technician I/Veterinary Technician II (CARE)Job Description:
The AAHA accredited Oncology service sees over 3,500 patients annually, offering a state of the art level of care through medical intervention, surgical expertise, and radiation therapy. Highlights of this service include personalized chemotherapy protocols, advanced radiation therapy treatments with our linear accelerator, and progressive treatment options such as melanoma vaccines.
The Small Animal Hospital is seeking a technician who is passionate about the opportunities a specialty oncology service can provide in prolonging the lives of their patients while extending compassion and empathy to their patients and loved ones. Technicians provide support and assistance to the Oncology service by assisting veterinarians with exams and treatments, as well as providing insight, instruction, and demonstration to veterinary students. In particular, this position will assist the Radiation Oncology service and be involved in all aspects of the service with an emphasis on client communication.
The ideal candidate for this position:
$14.00 to $17.00 per hour commensurate with experienceMinimum Requirements:
Veterinary Technician I:
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of veterinary experience or one year of veterinary experience and currently enrolled in a veterinary technician program or a graduate of a veterinary technician program.
Veterinary Technician II:
Credentialed veterinary technician and four years of veterinary experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of animal care and nursing
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and terminology
- Knowledge of the equipment and materials used and their availability and applications
- Ability to effectively maintain a working environment while in stressful situations
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees of various levels and responsibilities
Usual work schedule will be Monday – Friday 8:00 am-4:00 pm. Schedule may change based on service needs.
In order to be considered for this position, you must upload the following:
- Cover letter
- List of References
- Other Document containing answers to the following questions:
- Please describe your experience with procedures, such as venipuncture and cystocentesis.
- Please describe your experience with IV catheter placement.
- Please describe your anesthesia experience.
- Please describe your oncology experience.
- Do you have any teaching experience? If so, please describe.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits, including health insurance and paid time off.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: Yes